Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has a feature been added to log us off after a (relatively) short time? I seem to be expected to log in every few minutes now, whereas before I could stay on line for aaaaaaaaages?
Maybe its a change local to me??:cry:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Re: auto logging off

Has a feature been added to log us off after a (relatively) short time? I seem to be expected to log in every few minutes now, whereas before I could stay on line for aaaaaaaaages?
Maybe its a change local to me??:cry:
If you are logging in through a network/router, particularly the work related kind, the network addresses may refresh as a security measure and AO will think you have disconnected :(

I find it hit and miss. Sometimes I can log in on different PC's over the course of a few days and be remembered. Other times, I can turn one PC off and turn it on later and have to log back on - although this is the rarer of the two scenarios.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts

I got logged out (after sitting idle for a bit) about half an hour ago. First time it has ever happened to me.
--Toronto

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts

That's basically never happened to me... :confused:

·
Registered
6,312 Posts

It looks like the log-in portion of the main site has changed somewhat. As a result, I think I'm going to have to resort to using the "remember me" button. Normally I don't do that on any website. I log in and log out with each session -- mind you a session is what I determine it to be, and not what the computer decides it should be.
--Toronto

·
Registered
6,312 Posts

Log in at the start of the day and log out when I shut down is my usual pattern. Today that doesn't seem to be enough. Now it's log back in every time I go away from the site for a while. I have to say it's annoying. That flash of black as the screen reverts to AO Modern from AO Classic is not good on my eyes. :(
--Toronto

·
Registered
54,872 Posts

I never logoff. Therefore I almost never login. Not unless I clear down cookies etc. But I've not had it bomb me out for ages now. I notice nobody techie has joined in to help with any suggestions here :( I'm floundering :D

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts

I believe nothing has changed with regards to logging in, I have been logged in for about 3 months now! :)

AO

W

·
0 Posts

No problems here either.

Have those of you having problem cleared your cookies recently?

wrinx

·
Registered
15,299 Posts

I haven't experianced any problems - and at work I would be logging on through a router

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Re: auto logging off - Problem confirmed

I haven't experianced any problems - and at work I would be logging on through a router
Actually, I looked at the code on this new version of our site and looked at the old code, there are subtle changes. I have managed to duplicate the problem and will look for a fix. Those that are having NO issues, if you were to log out for any reason, a new cookie would be set and you to will have the problem. Basically dont log out if you can help it until we fix this.

Thanks for reporting.

AO

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: auto logging off - CONFIRMED BUG

More hopefully a job-preserving feature. Thanks for looking into it and reassuring me of my err insanity.

·
Company Director
164 Posts
Re: auto logging off - CONFIRMED BUG

I think that i've fixed this problem, but as it's a logging in issue, it will only start to work for users after the next time you login again...we'll see how it goes...let us know how you get on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts