Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My automatic lights appear to be constantly on. They no longer automatically switch on and off when i am travelling throughout tunnels etc. Is this a problem anyone see has had and is there anything i should be checking before handing it over to the garage?

Cheers

A

·
0 Posts
Have you looked at the sensitivity level on the menu? It might be set to high.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankfully today was bright enough to see if the suggestions made my light revert to auto. Neither reducing sensitivity or flicking the switch on/off a few times worked. Is there's fuse/ relay for the sensor?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I wanted to try auto lights last night and something really weird happened: they came on as usual with no problem (I have Xenons), but after a bit they started to flicker and they switched off! The dashboard light for headlamps was on as usual, but the lights just went off!
I switched them on and off a couple of times and they came back on, but I won't be using the auto light feature again me thinks! :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry if this is far too obvious, but you do have the switch in the bottom position don't you, not at the top which is manually on?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Switch is definitely in the correct position. The door seal on my car has failed which caused the interior to get wet from condensation. My current thinking is perhaps this condensate has caused the sensor to fail. Might put the hair dryer to it and see what happens.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately i have not got the door seal fixed yet so have not yet tried the hairdryer on the sensor. I will hopefully have the seal fixed tomorrow and a good run tomorrow evening to try and dry the car out. Will let you know if i have any joy.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts