Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An array of all things Italian, from fiats through to Alfa Romeos and Ferraris. There will be many cars to look around and trade stands selling everything and anything.

Event prices apply. Discounted tickets are available in advance online. Please call for more information 01926 641188 .

Heritage Motor Centre
Banbury Road
Gaydon
Warwickshire
CV35 0BJ

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Stanford Hall to do first (amongst others):thumbs:

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Pretty sure me n dad will be there :)

G

·
0 Posts
FWIW it looks like you won't be able to drive on the Aston test track this year. There is a small note in this month;s AutoItalia saying "NB Track drives not available" which, if it is true, is a big let down to me. They've kept that pretty quiet - earlier in the year they definitely said that was happening.

Bit of a let down as far as I am concerned. Not sure I will trek all the way up there if I can't drive the track.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
854 Posts
FWIW it looks like you won't be able to drive on the Aston test track this year. There is a small note in this month;s AutoItalia saying "NB Track drives not available" which, if it is true, is a big let down to me. They've kept that pretty quiet - earlier in the year they definitely said that was happening.

Bit of a let down as far as I am concerned. Not sure I will trek all the way up there if I can't drive the track.

Cheers,

Nigel
I read that too :( ,apparently Mr Plod has taken over the Aston track, some sort of training exercise probably.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Your not missing much with the loss of the track session, I went on 4 or 5 years ago and it was 'OK' but only 3 or 4 laps. I went on again about 2 years ago and it was HEAVILY suppressed by the 'fun police' ('elf n safety', n'all that) again for 3 laps, but very closely reined-in by police cars front and rear of the pack as well as a handful of minder/marshall types dotted around the track. Not as enjoyable as the first time (which was my first ever taste of a track) and certainly not worth the £25 they were charging to go on. I'd rather save up a few £25's worth and do a propper trackday.:D

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Any WM convoys?

T

·
Registered
594 Posts
Not sure if am going to go yet, ive never been to the auto italia at gaydon before,is there allocated parking for AOs,or is it park and walk to the gate pay your money and enter ?:)

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
All Italian cars enter the museum area and park up in allocated Marque areas as they arrive.
None Italian cars have to park in the public parking area.
All well marshalled and you pay as you enter.
Lots of AO’s there

·
Registered
594 Posts
All Italian cars enter the museum area and park up in allocated Marque areas as they arrive.
None Italian cars have to park in the public parking area.
All well marshalled and you pay as you enter.
Lots of AO’s there
Sounds good cheers for that bit of good information,:thumbs:

Not sure if am going yet,ive been suffering with a torn cartlidge for about six months now,most days its fine but last night it caused me probloms resulting in pain and limited movement on my left knee joint,if it eases off i will try and go.(the good news is av got the opp next thursday)

if i dont make it to the event i look forward to seeing all your pictures...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Any WM convoys?

T
Yep, 10am, Warwick Services (M40 South), IIRC. :thumbs:

Just checked and the weather forecast seems to be a lot better than it was when I looked earlier in the week too.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts