Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed last night in my copy of Auto Italia the following dates, which maybe of interest?

Saturday 1st May Auto Italia Italian Car Day, Brooklands

Sunday 6th June Auto Italia Italian Car Concours, Stanford Hall

Saturday 28th August, Italian Car Day, Heritage Trust Collection, Gaydon

For Brooklands and Gaydon I'm planning on supporting both events, by organising a convoy to both from AOSC. I went to both last year, and I can say Brooklands is an event you should not miss. Gaydon is a smaller event, but a great day out.

Marko.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Count me in for the Brooklands event, sounds good!!!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
If friends suggest you smell of cabbage.... be worried ;)
that's something to look forward to smelling of cabbage. Ive never hurd that said about old people before other things but never cabbage. sure your not having a senior moment now grandpa

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's something to look forward to smelling of cabbage. Ive never hurd that said about old people before other things but never cabbage. sure your not having a senior moment now grandpa
Thanks for your concern. Apart from Ford and Vauxhall drivers, I'm great. You?

·
Registered
626 Posts
all good swapped the rear springs for roy's ones and he gave me a new set of koni sports for the front still not really tested it tho might go for a run tomorrow what you doing tomorrow

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all good swapped the rear springs for roy's ones and he gave me a new set of koni sports for the front still not really tested it tho might go for a run tomorrow what you doing tomorrow
Going to Epsom, for the world record attempt. Cracking route as well. Same route we'll use for Brooklands.

Handling should be a massive improvement. Tomorrow is my first chance to see what improvements are for the wishbones and tyres.

·
Registered
626 Posts
what times that maybe ill come for part of the route if its not to early the dampers were replacements the old ones were pretty dodge though

·
Registered
793 Posts
Saturday 1st May Auto Italia Italian Car Day, Brooklands
This is normally a fixed point of my social (motoring) calendar but my missus has just informed me we're off to Paris :wow:

Mustn't complain I guess (though the beauty and majesty of Brooklands on Italian Car Day does come very close to that of Paris).

Sunday 6th June Auto Italia Italian Car Concours, Stanford Hall
Saturday 28th August, Italian Car Day, Heritage Trust Collection, Gaydon
So since Brooklands is off the radar, which of these should I go to instead?
Anyone attended these events before?
Is there a general preference?
They as good as Brooklands in May?

They're both a couple of hours away so relatively easy to and back in a day...
Anyone from the AOSC region attending?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts