Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
I will be going:thumbs: Will there be allocated model parking spots like there was last year?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be going:thumbs: Will there be allocated model parking spots like there was last year?
i hope there are allocated model parking as at the auto italia day i went to at brooklands my sud was parked on the bank and there were two more suds there and three sprints it would have been good to park together.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I'm guessing Bryan Alexander will be organising Alfasud model parking, as he did last year (although all you can see of Green Machine is a little bit of the front wing on the pictures... and a pointy nose in another... but I was there!)

Hoping to make it again this year, although I have a new problem that needs to be diagnosed... watch this space for details :rant:

Lauren

K

·
0 Posts
not sure myself, been for a few years now but will be a rush to get the sud done for it. could go in the punto again though i suppose, although not parking it amongst the others :lol:
not that i am against fiat owners you understand, it's just not exactly pristine :tut:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
sorry i didn't realise it was the 7th of june our lass has booked a holiday and we fligh on the 6th.:cry:

M

·
0 Posts
If anybody is heading southbound on the A46 towards Leicester, it might be closed as it was today. Got diverted down the A606 going to Melton Mobray and back down on the A607 back to the A46.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Seriously considering making the journey down myself. The Sprint's nowhere near completion but might attempt to come down in my old Ferrari 328.

Will need to book the physiotherapist for when I get back as covering a 500 mile journey in that car is sore on the old back :D :D

The driving experience certainly makes up for it though :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
would really like to make it down as a lot of you guys seem to be going, don't know in what but the punto will do if needs be :lol:

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Seriously considering making the journey down myself. The Sprint's nowhere near completion but might attempt to come down in my old Ferrari 328.

Will need to book the physiotherapist for when I get back as covering a 500 mile journey in that car is sore on the old back :D :D

The driving experience certainly makes up for it though :thumbs:
what ever happened to your sprint anyway ?

Last time I checked your wife was about to kill you for closing the engine in your living room :lol:

·
Registered
308 Posts
what ever happened to your sprint anyway ?

Last time I checked your wife was about to kill you for closing the engine in your living room :lol:
Still working away on the Sprint and the engine's become a nice piece of furniture in my conservatory :) :) That way I can show it off to any vistors who come to my house without dragging them into the garage ...........it all makes good sense to me ! :D :D

Tried to fit Brembo 4 pot calipers with Fiat Coupe discs to the front but they won't clear the new wheels that I bought unless I fit spacers. If I do that then the 16's will rub off the arches so I've had to come up with a plan B. I've now bought a pair of calipers from a 33 16v from Justsuds and a pair of Tarox Sport Japan cross drilled/grooved/ vented discs, EBC pads and Goodrich braided hoses ........ that lot should be an improvement over the standard set up without breaking the bank ;)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
; said:
Anyone going from the Kidderminster / Worcestershire area?

rsfruitbat

Hi fruitbat , i am going from Bromsgrove , i am hoping we can get a convoy sorted out from this area and then meet up with the guys from London as i think they are meeting up at the travelodge not far from Stanford Hall.

M

·
0 Posts
If there is going to be model parking my thought is, what if we meet next to the Suds & Sprints at about 1:00pm? We would have a good chance of not missing anyone then :cool:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I just realised today that this year AROC are not holding their annual concours event at Stanford Hall, they are doing it at NAD later in the year. So there won't be anything like model parking organised for visiting Alfas - that's why its so quiet on the AROC front, parking will just be the usual free-for-all...

...Which means I will probably have to do some fast talking at the gate just to get in. Although I haven't had any trouble at Brooklands for the last three years, and I politely disagreed with the marshals at Gaydon regarding my parking arrangements last year!

Oh well - all adds to the fun I suppose!

Lauren

1 - 19 of 19 Posts