Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

does anyone know where can I find a good auto electrician for my Alfa gtv near Cork? This car is giving me a lot of problems and I need someone who knows how to work on Alfas and has good experience with electricity.

My problem is the following: something is drying the car's battery, it stays charged for 8hr and then the car won't start (completely death, nothing, KO, kaput). The windows are not working and something is making a noise (like a click). In Ballincollig auto service they told me that they are not able to fix it and they found the problem is in the fuse box which is completely melted!!

Please let know if you have any hint here, thanks.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Most competent garages can replace a fuse box. It's a bit of a problem on our cars. If your windows are also not working I would start with the switch, pick one up in eBay and swap. I've just had a lot of electrics renewed but you don't want to start leaving melted fuse boxes as they will probably end up going up in smoke. Sorry I am no nearer but surely your local inde Alfa garage has a name of someone they use?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hhhmmm...the problem here is to find a professional service...and in Ireland it seems to be impossible.
I do not know any Alfa specialized garage in here...big problem.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I've just some serious electrics done but it should only be a few hundred pounds if the fuse box is the offending item. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts