Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in Australia have any idea when the Nav system is due to be updated? It was way out of date from the day we bought it. It can't find any freeway extensions or suburbs in Perth built in the last four years or so. I've contacted both the dealer and about 12 months ago I contacted Alfa Australia but have been given the, "we have no idea when" line. My other half's Jag seems to get an update almost yearly. Anyone have any further info re this?

Yvonne

·
Registered
403 Posts
Does anyone in Australia have any idea when the Nav system is due to be updated? It was way out of date from the day we bought it. It can't find any freeway extensions or suburbs in Perth built in the last four years or so. I've contacted both the dealer and about 12 months ago I contacted Alfa Australia but have been given the, "we have no idea when" line. My other half's Jag seems to get an update almost yearly. Anyone have any further info re this?

Yvonne
A good point. I’m in Sydney and only just bought my Giulietta. I won’t be in my Giulietta until tomorrow morning but will input a new suburb address to see if it is recognised. I’ll ask my dealer or even communicate directly with Alfa Oz about update availability. Will let you know in a couple of days.
Allans’ better half?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but there won't be any updates.
Even if there were, they'd cost the equivalent of €200.....

On a positive note, please follow this thread; maybe squitthy will succede:
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/1075754-firmware-update-for-uconnect-not-europe-any-contacts-leads-please.html
Rachelba, go to post 20 of the thread link above. It looks very promising. Try the link on that post..I didn’t go to the next page of the thread as I wanted to remain positive

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rachelba, go to post 20 of the thread link above. It looks very promising. Try the link on that post..I didn’t go to the next page of the thread as I wanted to remain positive
I downloaded it but my husband is not game enougth to try it in case it looses the lot. I need the nav for work and he isn't likely to loan me his car if something goes wrong:grumpy:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I downloaded it but my husband is not game enougth to try it in case it looses the lot. I need the nav for work and he isn't likely to loan me his car if something goes wrong:grumpy:
I haven’t yet used my Giulietta. Out playing in the 4C today and the Giulietta is getting a coat of C-Quartz so she won’t be used until the weekend. I’ll see if I’ve got updated GPS maps then.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven’t yet used my Giulietta yet. Out playing in the 4C today and the Giulietta is getting a coat of C-Quartz so she won’t be used until the weekend. I’ll see if I’ve got updated GPS maps then.
If he tries the update and stuffs it I will be driving his prized Jag. I think thats why he isn't game to try it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I took the Giulietta on a short run up the Putty this morning. I had my son type in an address of a friend who lives in a new estate in Box Hill. Got the suburb but no street. The street has been in existence for at least 12 months so it looks like maps on the MY18 Giulietta needs updating too.
Anyone in Oz on here with a MY19 Giulietta?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hay Guys,

If any of you would be able to send me a back up of your uConnect, I could have a look at making a updated map pack for you the same as I did for the EU.

The instructions and files you need are on my mega share:

https://mega.nz/#F!kURhTCbJ!uJhKPMyGiESbvQSDb33CvQ

The files would be:
"1 Magic -Alfa ROW.zip"
"2 Backup.zip"

Let me know if anybody intrested in helping / testing the update.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hay Guys,

If any of you would be able to send me a back up of your uConnect, I could have a look at making a updated map pack for you the same as I did for the EU.

The instructions and files you need are on my mega share:

https://mega.nz/#F!kURhTCbJ!uJhKPMyGiESbvQSDb33CvQ

The files would be:
"1 Magic -Alfa ROW.zip"
"2 Backup.zip"

Let me know if anybody intrested in helping / testing the update.
Hey Mate,

I think I sent you my backup awhile back on the other Uconnect map update thread. I think you had some issues with licenses? I would still be happy to test.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ok so I have been looking about and trying to figure some bits out. So far I think I have a basic 2016Q2 map pack sorted...but that is still quite old lol, unless you guys are running a 2012 map like mine was when i got it (uConnect not used in Alfa until 2014!).

Could anybody tell me / screenshot their uConnect software and map versions please?

I am guessing they will be 15.xx version software, but am intrested to know what version of the maps you all have.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ok so I have been looking about and trying to figure some bits out. So far I think I have a basic 2016Q2 map pack sorted...but that is still quite old lol, unless you guys are running a 2012 map like mine was when i got it (uConnect not used in Alfa until 2014!).

Could anybody tell me / screenshot their uConnect software and map versions please?

I am guessing they will be 15.xx version software, but am intrested to know what version of the maps you all have.
I’ll be using my Giulietta this morning around 10. I’ll try to remember.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Here you go as requested. Looks like a 2014 map on mine?

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts

Here’s a second try. June’18 build. Looks like a 2017 edition of maps.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ok so some mixed news then.
@147Alfaguy, yes you do indeed have the FCA / Alfa 2017 maps, that means you have 2015Q4 map files. But unfortunatly I will not be able to help you with updating your maps currently as you are running 17.35.41 which is a updated (locked down) version that I have not been able to modify yet.

BUT
@markymarcOZ, I am just finishing a pack that should hopefully update your uConnect to 2016Q2 maps, and then from there I can look at further updates if you would be able to test it?
If you are able to please make a back up of your current system as I will need you to send me it, and i will upload the update when i have finished tweaking it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts