43,564 Posts
Now that GTO is better :D

·
Registered
16,125 Posts

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Guy I work with has just bought a T350C - awesome thing, wont let me anywhere near the driving seat.
The selfish git :mad: :(

:lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Hmmmm I think you have to look up what is a Muscle car....it is not some tiny toy sportscar with a big engine .

With a HSV 'muscle car', all the family can get into it as it is a true 5 seater.........The Yanks specifically like theirs to be 2 door sedans' but here in OZ they are more likely 4 door sedans.....and ours go around corners as well ;)
Since the yanks originated the muscle car, I back their idea to be the 'true' definition of muscle car, meaning, that is, that the Aussies just sort of came up wit their own thing and stole the 'muscle car' name and put it on the wrong type of car.

And when you're talking about performance, masses of brute force and oversteer doesn't mean a car goes round corners well. Any time spent with the arse end slipping sideways is just time wasted, and certainly not indicative of a good handling car.

Fun, definately. Impressive? Not overly.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
That's you put in your place then Stori :p

:lol:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It looks hideous though :(
You're right, it does!
Terrible wheels and front end.
But the good thing about the Holden Commodore is that the Aussies make about a million variations of it, and by the law of probability some are bound to look good.
Of the new shape (which has hit NZ roads in surprising numbers considering half the country drives used Jap import cars), my favourite is what I think sells as the Vauxhall VXR8 in the UK (where nobody buys them cos they're not diesel):

They still haven't got the front quite looking right but give them time, and respect for selling brash RWD V8 manual cars at all.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
What a great family car, looks great just loose those wheels

21 - 31 of 31 Posts