Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Audiophiles

1381 Views 28 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  LucasM
I'm looking for a decent system for the GQV. The sub must be flat on the ground and the amp can be under the seat, I still want to retain the boot space, at this moment I'm only looking for a good amp and sub that will add some oomph, budget is just under R3k

:thumbs:
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ppl rarely sit at the back?

Ok where can I get good quality sound for under R3k?

I'm not looking for competition stuff, just something better than stock, also how will it sound if mounted in the boot floor?

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see some good samples when doing a search, but now where is the spare wheel when the sub is in the boot floor????

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya I at least want it to sound propper, and that space saver sub/amp combo looks like it can sound swak??? I don't know, what's your thoughts on the space saver, the price looks right, but I see Lighting Audio amp and sub for under R3k new...isnt that supposed to be quality?

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh no...

Oh no, now what do you recommend? How good is the space saver? The price is certainly good but then again price can't dictate good quality base and clarity...which, don't get me wrong, I want but not willing to spend the amount of money you did, but something of better quality that stock sound for under R3k

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RF sub and RF amp...the cheapest in the range?

I once saw a full RF install advertised in SnS but excluding installation for R3k I think.

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What about DLS and Kenwood and Pioneer?

Also, what size is the Giulietta front speakers if I want to replace those aswell?

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the advice Ian, I agree with you, I don't know what type of sound person I am lol, all I know is I have R3k and I want better sounding...sounding music. To me it sometimes feels like it can be louder, but I don't like a distortion or a plethora of noise coming from all angles at once.

Maybe R3k is too little a budget for what i want, I don't know. I imagined just upgrading to a sub and amp and try and power the front and rear speakers off the same amp would suffice? But what do I know?

Please take note, R3k is my speaker budget, I'll pay for proper installation and proper wiring and sound deadening.

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
:cheese:

errr, no not doing that. But thanks for the input nonetheless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.