Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a decent system for the GQV. The sub must be flat on the ground and the amp can be under the seat, I still want to retain the boot space, at this moment I'm only looking for a good amp and sub that will add some oomph, budget is just under R3k

:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Don't put amps under seat people kick them.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ppl rarely sit at the back?

Ok where can I get good quality sound for under R3k?

I'm not looking for competition stuff, just something better than stock, also how will it sound if mounted in the boot floor?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see some good samples when doing a search, but now where is the spare wheel when the sub is in the boot floor????

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
In my GMA with the Bose sound upgrade the sub was fitted inside the space saver wheel...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Alpine makes that sub with amp combo boxed, sort of an active sub. Really small so it will fir under your seat & is under 3K at Autostyle.

I would suggest fitting that & upgrading the rest of the speakers.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Alpine makes that sub with amp combo boxed, sort of an active sub. Really small so it will fir under your seat & is under 3K at Autostyle.

I would suggest fitting that & upgrading the rest of the speakers.
+1

There are those boxes that come complete with amp and sub, and are only 60mm or so thick, you can mount them on the back of the seat, in the boot.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
A sub and a head unit to separate bass from going to the door speakers (which tend to distort easily) goes a long way in improving sound quality:

In my GMA with the Bose sound upgrade the sub was fitted inside the space saver wheel...
Ask Rivonia Car sound - they do a lot of brands including Pioneer:
Inside spare:
New Space-Saving Spare Wheel Amplified Subwoofer
small space boot:
http://www.rivoniacarsound.co.za/Car-Sub-Woofers/Pioneer-Tswx210a/flypage.tpl.html

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Oh, and let me just say, an 8" sub woofer can pack a lot of punch, i got Paul to listen to my sound & it sounded kak, i removed the sub from the parcel shelf & built a small box in the boot, now it sounds flippen unbelievable, i cannot believe an 8' sub could do that

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I at least want it to sound propper, and that space saver sub/amp combo looks like it can sound swak??? I don't know, what's your thoughts on the space saver, the price looks right, but I see Lighting Audio amp and sub for under R3k new...isnt that supposed to be quality?

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
No LA is the cheap chines made kuk. its not what it used to be at all

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh no...

Oh no, now what do you recommend? How good is the space saver? The price is certainly good but then again price can't dictate good quality base and clarity...which, don't get me wrong, I want but not willing to spend the amount of money you did, but something of better quality that stock sound for under R3k

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
i cant for that budget but im sure you will find someting

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RF sub and RF amp...the cheapest in the range?

I once saw a full RF install advertised in SnS but excluding installation for R3k I think.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
thats prime.. the prime stuff is the same as the LA stuff just branded differently.

·
Registered
650 Posts
small space boot:[url said:
http://www.rivoniacarsound.co.za/Car-Sub-Woofers/Pioneer-Tswx210a/flypage.tpl.html[/url]
I can vouch for this unit. I have one in my "other car" driven by a Pioneer 5250 DVD head unit. It really fills in the low frequencies. Of course you will not compete with the taxi to your left or the Mk1 Golf with Briyani Pots in the boot !! But for sound quality AND boot space, it is hard to beat. A nice plus is the remote control.
Ciao

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
im a brand ***** im afraid.. i stick to my italian makes cause its what i love.. Mosconi for me please

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What about DLS and Kenwood and Pioneer?

Also, what size is the Giulietta front speakers if I want to replace those aswell?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts