Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just bought a 97 GTV and its had its battery changed. The radio now wants the code, but after looking through all the paper work and service books I don't seem to have the code. It is a standard alfa radio. How do I get the code.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
this may sound crazy (so probably is), but I seem to remember someone once telling me that you can put them in the fridge.

Given that it was probably in a pub sometime - and we know all about "pub physics", don't we boys and girls? - I don't know that I could recommend you totry this. Not, at least, whithout due diligence (i.e. googling for a few minutes). :D

N

·
0 Posts
alfaredthegreat said:
this may sound crazy (so probably is), but I seem to remember someone once telling me that you can put them in the fridge.

That's not mad that's totally bonkers!

They'll be spec'd down to -15 anyway!

You just want him to post that he tried it! :tut:

It's part of your evil plan to have everyone
fill their fridges with malfunctioning electronic
car stereos! I'm on to you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
With any other make I'd expect the dealer network to have the answer. But in this case...???!!!
I don't know what all this has done for car & car stereo theft, but there's no doubt it's good for raising owner's BP.
Anyone for casualty???

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
PS have you tried starting it or just turning on the radio??? You could be in for another nasty surprise! I was the first time we flattened the battery on our 145 of that era.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hang on, not in the fridge just yet!!!!

I have a website link where you can enter in all the details and they will generate your code...... leave it with me back in min.

A

·
0 Posts
Write car radio code into google and it gives you several choices. Choose one ,type in your radio serial number and they tell you if they have the code for you. Pay your £10 and hey presto its in your E mail in box. Note though that it will be the code that it left the factory with, if its been changed its more difficult and often not worth it.I've done this several times and its worked every time.Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts