Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call this afternoon from my Father-in-Law. He has been shopping and bought himself a DVD recorded with built in VHS recorder and Freeview. Knowing that I worked for Currys nearly 16 years ago, he called me to tell him how to work it. How the hell do I know.??!:confused:

After guessing and trying to politely side-step the tutorial, I was made to feel suitably useless unless I go across and do the install and a run through on a machine I have never seen.

You have no idea how much I am looking forward to the same jokes I have heard every time I've seen him since marrying his daughter 9 years ago...(or was it 8 ???).

The only plus side is the 10 miles of country roads between my gaff and his.Don't wait up. I may be some time!:(

Think a beer or 3 should be my reward.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I got a call this afternoon from my Father-in-Law. He has been shopping and bought himself a DVD recorded with built in VHS recorder and Freeview. Knowing that I worked for Currys nearly 16 years ago, he called me to tell him how to work it. How the hell do I know.??!:confused:

After guessing and trying to politely side-step the tutorial, I was made to feel suitably useless unless I go across and do the install and a run through on a machine I have never seen.

You have no idea how much I am looking forward to the same jokes I have heard every time I've seen him since marrying his daughter 9 years ago...(or was it 8 ???).

The only plus side is the 10 miles of country roads between my gaff and his.Don't wait up. I may be some time!:(

Think a beer or 3 should be my reward.
Make sure he drives you home then

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out the remote control needs batteries fitted.

As a fountain of knowledge, I just kinda figured he would have checked that.

Anyway... batteries fitted and works great. Not sure how he is ever going to use it. The remote has about 60 buttons, all dotted about in random places. TV controls at the top and bottom.... same with the dvd.... and the vcr dosnt have 2 buttons next to each other.

Who designs these things....... not the minimalist germans thats for sure.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I have been going out with my good lady for 4years and i have got away with never meeting her father:lol: I have always came up with some lame *** excuse as to get me out of family evenings and dinners:D

H

·
0 Posts
My Pa in law is great he loves cars, bikes, boats and planes :D

If it's got an engine he loves it :D

He's a bit mad like Zed allways fixing stuff he's a top bloke :thumbs:

He's been on a AO Run with me and he's doing two more this year :D :D :D

·
0 Posts
Prof - you are now armed - remind Him frequently to put batteries in remotes etc for them to work! ;) :lol:

Mines a good 'un - I am the Son He never had :D

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Never quite understodd the whole 'out-laws' issue.

Mine are great.

The only issue I had was with my mother in law, when I ran away with her daughter to get married 12 years ago and we never told anyone - took them a week to calm down - but they've been fantastic ever since, especially pater who is always up for a few glasses of wine, game of cards and a laugh :thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
My Pa in law is great he loves cars, bikes, boats and planes :D

If it's got an engine he loves it :D

He's a bit mad like Zed allways fixing stuff he's a top bloke :thumbs:

He's been on a AO Run with me and he's doing two more this year :D :D :D
You should bring him on a Evo Run :thumbs:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I had dinner with Mama's parents for the first time last night, having met them breifly once before two nights ago :eek:

It went surprisingly well given the barking mad nature of how our relationship transpired. Thankfully that topic of conversation was avoied :lol:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I had dinner with Mama's parents for the first time last night, having met them breifly once before two nights ago :eek:

It went surprisingly well given the barking mad nature of how our relationship transpired. Thankfully that topic of conversation was avoied :lol:
:thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts