Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been in my friends Audi S3 quatro, and OMG its fast its the 2.0l twin turbo and i honestly think its the fastest accelerating car iv been in, and it really does stick to the road like super glue.

Its in white and actually looks nice the S3 dont have in your face body styling, to be honest i wouldnt of noticed the difference between this and the S line version, the interior thou could of been better, and at £28000 for a 08 plate dam its expensive.

In my opinion i dont think you need a faster car then this cause by hell it accelerates up to 60 in seconds. Dam good car shame its a Audi thou. Come on Alfa start putting turbos in the GTA.

C

·
0 Posts
My Dad's got an S3 2.0 and it really doesn't hang about - I thought the 1.8 S3 he had before was fast, but the 2.0 is a lot quicker. They're not twin turbo though.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I like them, it's a very good fast solid car, just a bit uninspiring to be honest, I had a couple of A3s and they were damn good cars if a little over refined to the point they were a little dull, like a knife thats never been sharpened after years of use like some albums could be legendary if they weren't so over produced, same affect.

You can see the potential if everything were just a little bit tighter and they';d left a bit of a raw edge but from what I read the Audi Marketing Department had more of a grip on the dynamic direction than the cars designers did, they had their 'Audi feel' and wanted to retain it at all costs.

Still good cars though, and I'd have one again maybe even an S3 considering how tunable they are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts