Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang,

Today I was driving along the M1, and I had an Audi A5 Coupe quite a few car lengths behind me, and it had its LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) on. Nothing wrong with any of that.

Anyway, just as I looked in my review mirror, it indicated right to move into the next lane to pass me But how neat is this - as the indicator came on, the LED on that side dimmed considerably. As it moved into its new lane, the indicator flicked off, and the LED DRL went back to full strength.

I guess that to pass whatever regs lights have to go through, the LED will dim so as not to bleach out the indicator when it come on on that side.

Granted, not the most riverting observation, but pretty neat I thought. :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
38,474 Posts
I have noticed on the later VW golfs that when the headlights are on you cannot see the front indicators flashing, and when the brake lights are on you cannot see the rear indicators flashing.

Such a thoughtful design. :eek:

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have noticed on the later VW golfs that when the headlights are on you cannot see the front indicators flashing, and when the brake lights are on you cannot see the rear indicators flashing.

Such a thoughtful design. :eek:
i must confess, i've been caught out a few times by the indicators on the mk4 golf at roundabouts; you just cant see them if the headlights are on. and i agree that the indicators at the rear of the mk5 are way too small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts