Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone around me seems to be getting an A3 TDi - they just look so dull and the 5 door version makes me weep!! :tut:

How about a nice 147 or a Mito? So much more style, looks and now as cheap to run as an
A3.

So there's no excuses right??

:D

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Some people thing VAG cars are the only new cars worth buying.... it's sad but we can't do anything about that because our prisons are already overcrowded :(

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I love Audi A3's managed to hit 2 of them with my wifes Citroen C5, one my fault the other typical c0ck Audi driver, on his phone and last minute change of direction :rolleyes:
Was funny to see his car spin 180 :lol:
Damage to Audi's approx £600 each, damage to Citroen bit of gold paint smeared across bumber and a broken No. plate :thumbs:

They are DULL as is the A4.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love Audi A3's managed to hit 2 of them with my wifes Citroen C5, one my fault the other typical c0ck Audi driver, on his phone and last minute change of direction :rolleyes:
Was funny to see his car spin 180 :lol:
Damage to Audi's approx £600 each, damage to Citroen bit of gold paint smeared across bumber and a broken No. plate :thumbs:

They are DULL as is the A4.
Only two?? - must try harder!!!

Together we can beat them :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
I hate them like the plague, I had an accident with one. Drive was a **** and its still on going as he says it was not his fault, even though we got CCTV of him speeding, no lights (it was dusk) and not indicating at the roundabout!!!

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
As you can see from the thread below my friend has recently bought one
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/174388-my-alfa-and-the-enemy.html
I personally hate them and think they are mostly driven by ******** but he wanted one so....:lol:

My friend just had his serviced and was told that he was a mug for buying it as the MOT for it wasn't worth the paper it was written on and to make matters worse I let him have a drive down the shore in my 147 to which he agreeded that the Alfa was faster and better....even worse is that he could have bought a car of similar spec and mileage to mine for the same cash he bought his 1997 A3.

BUT a fool as his money are easily parted as I offered to go down and look over the car for him, yet he couldn't wait a day and took someone who would find it difficult to empty a bin let alone do common sense checks on a car.

S

·
0 Posts
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/174388-my-alfa-and-the-enemy.html
I personally hate them and think they are mostly driven by ******** but he wanted one so....:lol:

My friend just had his serviced and was told that he was a mug for buying it as the MOT for it wasn't worth the paper it was written on and to make matters worse I let him have a drive down the shore in my 147 to which he agreeded that the Alfa was faster and better....even worse is that he could have bought a car of similar spec and mileage to mine for the same cash he bought his 1997 A3.

BUT a fool as his money are easily parted as I offered to go down and look over the car for him, yet he couldn't wait a day and took someone who would find it difficult to empty a bin let alone do common sense checks on a car.
Sounds like he bought it because of the badge there fella.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Sounds like he bought it because of the badge there fella.
Totally, as it was his first car he wanted something better than your average saxo/corsa. I tried to show in the error of his ways by telling him the woes i've had with buying a slightly more up market car as your first but he didn't listen much in the same way i didn't listen to anyone when i bought my Alfa and look at how that turned out!:lol:

Its odd i drive a car that everyone comments on, yet i've totally fallen for a little Ford Fiesta as the love for my 147 slowly disappears.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Nice one Jamz. Having seen the pics in the post your 147 rather trumps the A3 doesn't it? Don't be too harsh on your mate he had to buy the A3 because you had already got the 147 and he didn't want to copy you, but nice to know you can turn back and glance at your mota and think "i'm the daddy" :thumbs:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Nice one Jamz. Having seen the pics in the post your 147 rather trumps the A3 doesn't it? Don't be too harsh on your mate he had to buy the A3 because you had already got the 147 and he didn't want to copy you, but nice to know you can turn back and glance at your mota and think "i'm the daddy" :thumbs:
My cars tries my patience but i enjoy it and will probably always come down to Alfa Romeos in the future between sensible reliable cars. I don't mean to be critical of his choice i just wished he had got a better example as he's a very good lad, heart of gold and he deserved a good first car, it just annoys me that someone has seen him as an easy target and pulled a fast one on him.

I would have loved it if he had bought a 147 or 156 though, it would have been good fun!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Everyone around me seems to be getting an A3 TDi - they just look so dull and the 5 door version makes me weep!! :tut:

How about a nice 147 or a Mito? So much more style, looks and now as cheap to run as an
A3.

So there's no excuses right??

:D
A guy from work was looking for a new car so naturally I said get a Alfa but oh no apparently there "girls cars" so he got a focus instead.....DUR!

S

·
0 Posts
A guy from work was looking for a new car so naturally I said get a Alfa but oh no apparently there "girls cars" so he got a focus instead.....DUR!
My now EX boss wanted to trade in his Merc A-Class as he didn't think much for it and thought it was boring, so I said about Alfa Romeo and he instantly dismissed them for being utter rubish and will always brake down, even though he liked mine. ****ing wanneker!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's what I got told constantly by other peeps when I was looking at buying my 156, granted I've only had it for a few months but within that time my previous car would have broken down several times!

It's an old myth that Alfa's are rubbish.

I love it, It seems impossible to do 30mph in it tho! I don't realise how fast I'm going sometimes lol

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
My now EX boss wanted to trade in his Merc A-Class as he didn't think much for it and thought it was boring, so I said about Alfa Romeo and he instantly dismissed them for being utter rubish and will always brake down, even though he liked mine. ****ing wanneker!!!
Do you want people like that driving an Alfa ?

S

·
0 Posts
I don't want anyone at work to get an Alfa, I want to stay unique.
A Focus :rolleyes: Baa
I was kinda like that when my dad bought his 147 because he liked mine, mine was the only Alfa on this estate. Now there are 2 :mad::mad:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
That's what I got told constantly by other peeps when I was looking at buying my 156, granted I've only had it for a few months but within that time my previous car would have broken down several times!

It's an old myth that Alfa's are rubbish.

I love it, It seems impossible to do 30mph in it tho! I don't realise how fast I'm going sometimes lol
No one in my street will ever buy an Alfa Romeo as they see me outside almost daily scratching my head trying to fix problems and well last week i had the breakdown crew out 3 times:lol:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Oh dear my parents have just bought an A3, 1.8T mind!

Pretty nice inside, but ill agree you see so many out and about!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts