Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The law requires you to display a front numberplate. This is so that if you decide to be a ****, and you run some poor sod over then leave the scene, someone will clock your plate and the federales can come and get you. And let's face it, if you have an S3 you're mostly going to spend your time screaming away from lights in 30 zones so it's a strong possibility.

You may well think that your S3 looks cooler when the massive front number plate plinth has nothing on it. You might believe that having your numberplate resting on the dash will have you beating them off with a shitty stick. The reality is that people mostly think you're a dick. You probably are a dick.

When you complain on Twitter that the federales have pulled you for not displaying a plate, again, and they should have better things to do, they think you're an even bigger dick. I'm sure traffic officers would rather not fart about with cretins who think they are above the law. Instead of giving you your umpteenth 7-day wonder, they could be doing something useful. The reason they aren't is because of you.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Not just Audis...lots of different cars usually exotica...and loads in London....however there is a Black Giulia Quad around here with no front plate or plinth at all...not even in the screen so ALFA owners are not above that stuff. It looks far better for it though!!!! LOL! I just know that with my luck Id get pulled if I even thought about deleting the front plate. That said, why not? Not required in most US states, tiny one legal on front in Italy, motorcycles have not needed front plates since 1975 and agricultural vehicles only need a rear in most case. Usually people fleeing the scene of as accident don't tend to do so in reverse so the rear plate will be seen. Im not suggesting any one does it as the law, as it stands wont allow it,.....just giving a point of view.

·
Registered
33,664 Posts
There’s an S3, nearly new, and it has darkened registration plates. Generally you’d expect this from the third owner but these plates just give of the feeling that the driver would be worth a police stop/check. Having had three new A3 Sportbacks in a row I find the condition of some of them sad but then that was 13 years ago plus when I looked after them! Audi lost my custom after that when the Chinese market started to dictate their style.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts