Alfa Romeo Forum banner
661 - 680 of 688 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Look at it? Sit in it, maybe? Such cars are generally bought by collectors; they're not interested in driving it. And although the price seems somewhat high, it has cult car status now and is likely a sound investment. Think about it - nothing like this is going to be built anymore.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,660 Posts
I’d save myself the best part of £280,000 and find an Impreza Type R coupe and make a 22B/P1 replica. That way you get 95% of the car with none of the drawbacks. Like not being able to drive the thing

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
I’d save myself the best part of £280,000 and find an Impreza Type R coupe and make a 22B/P1 replica. That way you get 95% of the car with none of the drawbacks. Like not being able to drive the thing
Me too. I cannot see the point of owning a proper rally weapon and having it kept in your air conditioned warehouse to stare it.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
I would like to meet the person who has vandalised the bonnet of the XJ12 and shake them firmly by the throat.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
People do seem to like paying daft money for old low-milers.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
The sad part being, of course, that they have to now remain ultra low milers to retain that (shocking) value.

Buying a sub 10k miles Audi Quattro for six figures and then driving the knackers off it (as one should) and sticking 50,000 hard lived miles on it means you will then quickly own a 30k Audi Quattro.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Prices seem less eye-watering than the Silverstone ones.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
3,000-4,000 seems to be a pretty standard estimate for anything "uninspiring". Would be interested in seeing sold prices eventually.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
I fancy that XK8. I bought one of these new in 2001 and it cost me £65,000* to buy. This 2004 one is up for £3,500..... I much prefer this old shape over the later shape too. I wonder how pricey it would be to maintain......

I sold it in 2004 for £23,000. It's largely that car that made me give up on buying anything brand new since!

·
Registered
13,744 Posts
147 GTA was a Selespeed or slush box? It said Auto and the gear lever looked a little unusual.

·
Registered
38,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #675 ·
Got the closing date wrong, it’s tomorrow! Bidding opened on Saturday.

@FredDibnah jaaag is currently at £3,550 with 9 bids.

…and having your Maser swapped for an apartment you deserve a bit of a treat!

·
Registered
38,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #677 ·
GTA was bid up to £4,600, which is pitiful, don’t know if that made reserve.
@FredDibnah ’s Jaaaggg went to £5,300.

When I go to the link it shows me the final bid, not sure if that’s the same for everyone or if you need to register? I did. No cash required.

·
Registered
38,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #678 ·
661 - 680 of 688 Posts