Alfa Romeo Forum banner
641 - 660 of 688 Posts

·
Registered
38,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 ·
Don’t come the innocent with me, my £10.50 bid was immediately run up to £11. I suspect ‘someone’ lied about how far they were prepared to go.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
There's a full set of group B weaponry, of which this would be my choice.

This rather special Chrysler.

No idea who or what Tony Mantas is but this is awesome.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,247 Posts
No idea who or what Tony Mantas is but this is awesome.

Ooo! Thats 'orrible, looks like someone has stuck a body kit on something that wasnt meant to have one.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Apparently Tony Mantas was a friend of Alejandro De Tomaso's. It went back to the factory for upgrades quite a lot.
For Sale: Tony Mantas' Unusual Prototipo De Tomaso Pantera GTS

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,247 Posts
Not exactly Zagato or Touring is it?

·
Registered
38,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 · (Edited)
If that’s Tony, with his chest wig and coco tin lid, it explains a lot about the car. Prefer the fast ‘n’ loud one, even with a truck engine.

EDIT: Tony?

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
It's from the 70s. Everything had big arches and massive balloon tyres.

Everyone had a chest wig too. I did and I was only 9 when the decade ended.

·
Registered
38,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #650 ·
That There Linky said:
This very special car has revealed many more secrets than its sulfurous first owner and will hopefully give much pleasure to its future owner
I had to look that up, I’m still none the wiser. :cry:

·
Registered
8,284 Posts
I actually like that Pantera. Maybe the pinstripe is a little too much - but otherwise.

Of course I could be biased since a De Tomaso Mangusta would definitely occupy a slot in my "money is no object" Garage Top 5 list so I'm somewhat taken by the brand.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,710 Posts
De Tomaso Mangusta is the coolest car name ever. Honestly, it absolutely is.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Hank the Deuce' Capri is coming up for auction. I first read about this car in a Capri club mag about 30 years ago. I assumed it was lost somewhere but apparently not.

·
Registered
8,284 Posts
Got to go for more than that estimate Shirley?

This is the equivalent of Dino Ferrari's Ferrari or William Morris's Morris Minor!

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
You'd think Fawds would want it in their very impressive heritage collection. It being 1 of 1, owned by the gaffer and all that.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,661 Posts
I saw it on a Twitter post which i can no longer find at the moment, but there’s an auction coming up featuring a Subaru Impreza 22B STi. It is expected to fetch somewhere around the £200,000 mark

Two hundred thousand pounds. For a Subaru Impreza

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
I saw it on a Twitter post which i can no longer find at the moment, but there’s an auction coming up featuring a Subaru Impreza 22B STi. It is expected to fetch somewhere around the £200,000 mark

Two hundred thousand pounds. For a Subaru Impreza
I suppose it's the one to have, and finding nice ones must be hard given that most were crushed after being seized under the Proceeds of Crime Act, but it's strong money.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I suppose it's the one to have, and finding nice ones must be hard given that most were crushed after being seized under the Proceeds of Crime Act, but it's strong money.
Harsh, but amusing.

The 22B is regarded as the ultimate Impreza by many, and with only around 400 ever built, was always destined to be highly sought after. The car in question only had 270 miles on the clock, and reportedly sold for £295,000. I believe there was another sold recently in the UK with around 30k on the clock, and that went for a little over £100,000.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
What do you do with a 270 mile car you've paid nearly £300k for? You can't drive it because you lose the thing that makes it unique, and it knackers your iinvestment.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It’s an interesting question. Especially since it’s already at such strong money, surely it couldn’t appreciate any more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

641 - 660 of 688 Posts