Alfa Romeo Forum banner

621 - 629 of 629 Posts

·
Registered
14,349 Posts
It was the auction for that collection of keyless, documentless, non-running snotters today. The cars look even worse in daylight but the pictures are apparently quite flattering. Some daft money being paid.

The Fulvia with a broken back looks spectacularly bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,349 Posts
I wonder if the 996 is someone brave or someone breaking it for parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
More than anything, though - I would love to know the story behind these barn finds.
A lot of these cases must be people collecting stuff with the intention of restoring and maintaining, then running out of time, money and enthusiasm. They're not, of course, "lost," and the "find" element is just potential purchasers hearing of them.

I know of a wealthy businessman who bought two or three vintage Rolls Royces and kept them in the shed at his rather fine home. He also collected a beautiful young pop singer, but when she aged he left her, complete with the house and stored cars. Now they're rotting away. (Cars, not singer - she's in great condition for age). One day, no doubt, another enthusiast will track them down and they'll become a "barn find."

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
I thought the 155 at £750 plus commission wasn't too bad - did bid £600 on it but I hadn't been able to check it out so wouldn't go higher......

·
Registered
37,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #627

·
Registered
14,349 Posts
E28 M5
Elite replica
Ital pickup
The 6 wheeled vw bay
Packard Limo