Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a USB cable on e bay that did not work ,Ok big deal.
I folllowed the instructions that the seller gave me most through old FORUM links(the forum word is important)& that gave me a blue screen. I tol;d them I wanted a refund as it messed up my computer etc. No answer for a while then after repeated attempts they answered asking me to send it back to the place it came from but to a different person ? So I put both names on the package & got proof of purchase, so a week or so went by & they had not received blah blah, then they said they did not know of the person I had sent the ityem back to ?? This did annoy me so I escalated the claim on paypal they then (knowing i had sent item ) asked me to send it to a different person at a different address, OK they are wasters & it was only £9 but this last reply really made laugh , I told them that a few other people had bought this cable & had trouble with it they asked how I knew this & I told them on a forum here is there reply

from G.ME <[email protected]>
to J .co.uk>
date Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:41 AM
subject Re: return ebay blue car cable,
signed-by

please talk properly? if you talk to me like this, there will not be
any refund, dont talk about forum, only jobless people go there, and
they cannot afford to buy anything, are you one of them?

My reply was
from J
to "G.ME" <[email protected]
date Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I am so exasperated @ your attitude over the past few weeks .
First you ask for the item to be returned to the address from where it sent,albeit to a different named person, then you ask (after its been sent) for it to be sent to another different person & a different address again ???

As for your comments about jobless people there are thousands of "jobless" people now as recession bites in ...so what does this mean ??

if you are prejudiced against such people possibly you should put this in your e bay ad ??
Just shows your level of understanding & lack of professionalism really, this has gone on long enough your are what you appear.

Keep the refund you obviously need it ,lets hoipe you are never in a position where someone trys to sneer at you because your made redundant or business fails etc.

Oh & another reason why its rich for him to say this about Forums is when I was trying to get it to work he sent me this link
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158766,

Plus a healthy feedback

Unbelievable

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Unfortunately, Ebay is full of idiots like this and when you complain they don't do anything about it. :rolleyes:

It used to be good but something happened along the line and it has become a site full of morons who think they can buy things and sell them on for more than they paid (yes, I am aware that this is how business works :lol: ). I've lost count of the number of times I've looked on Amazon for something to find a brand new, warrantied product for sale only to quickly check Ebay to find the same item for sale with a markup.

I know where I'd rather spend my money.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you have proof of postage and have raised a dispute with ebay/paypal that should be enough for them to give your money back, they tend to side with the buyer and dont care what or how the returned item arrives as.

I know this as i was screwed around by a buyer who raised a dispute, they sided with me despite all my info and lengthy discusion with them that he was incorrect, the buyer simply said "doesnt work" the buyer sent back half the item and kept the rest for himself with a full refund, leaving me with a useless half and no money.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buzz84 that's what I thought to,the total of e mails back & forth are 15!
So in the end I asked for a refund as I said in 1st post he wanted it sent to the address where it came from (but) a different name ? So I sent it & have proof of postage ,so after a week & a half I contact again only to have the exact same questions like send it to ...(i have ) Can I have the item number ..(OK) then next e mail can I have your user name & date etc etc basically the run a round .
So I file a dispute with paypal & escalate it,the seller asks Paypal to tell me to send it to a different address to where i HAVE ALREADY SENT IT ??I also thought that Paypal's rule's would have only let them have it sent to the address where it originated from ?
Paypal ask me to send it back, I try to tell them I have but no answer, they(Paypal) then ask for tracking number... I dont have one as I sent it back a week earlier as these wasters requested ,Paypal's system seems to be automated question's & answer's so I send an e mail but all I have had so far is an automated response & a few Paypal requests asking me to send the tracking number or they cannot proceeed ? Seem as though these guy's know the ropes & run rings around the Paypal dispute system !

here's their listing. I suppose its fine if it works but if you get a problem forget bit.

_ OBD2 OBD-II 2 USB VAG KKL Cable for 409.1 Audi VW Skoda on eBay (end time 23-Feb-10 13:08:11 GMT)

I found this ,a bit late now, ,interesting though
Negative/Neutral Feedback received by weyri650

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Bought a USB cable on e bay that did not work ,Ok big deal.
I folllowed the instructions that the seller gave me most through old FORUM links(the forum word is important)& that gave me a blue screen. I tol;d them I wanted a refund as it messed up my computer etc. No answer for a while then after repeated attempts they answered asking me to send it back to the place it came from but to a different person ? So I put both names on the package & got proof of purchase, so a week or so went by & they had not received blah blah, then they said they did not know of the person I had sent the ityem back to ?? This did annoy me so I escalated the claim on paypal they then (knowing i had sent item ) asked me to send it to a different person at a different address, OK they are wasters & it was only £9 but this last reply really made laugh , I told them that a few other people had bought this cable & had trouble with it they asked how I knew this & I told them on a forum here is there reply

from G.ME <[email protected]>
to J .co.uk>
date Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:41 AM
signed-by

please talk properly? if you talk to me like this, there will not be
any refund, dont talk about forum, only jobless people go there, and
they cannot afford to buy anything, are you one of them?

My reply was
from J
date Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I am so exasperated @ your attitude over the past few weeks .
First you ask for the item to be returned to the address from where it sent,albeit to a different named person, then you ask (after its been sent) for it to be sent to another different person & a different address again ???

As for your comments about jobless people there are thousands of "jobless" people now as recession bites in ...so what does this mean ??

if you are prejudiced against such people possibly you should put this in your e bay ad ??
Just shows your level of understanding & lack of professionalism really, this has gone on long enough your are what you appear.

Keep the refund you obviously need it ,lets hoipe you are never in a position where someone trys to sneer at you because your made redundant or business fails etc.

Oh & another reason why its rich for him to say this about Forums is when I was trying to get it to work he sent me this link
The $20 eBay VAG-COM Cable Walkthrough *Revisited* - Audizine Forums,

Plus a healthy feedback

Unbelievable

If you have proof of purchase you can claim for the 'lost' package through Royal Mail after 15 working days.

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
If you have proof of postage and have raised a dispute with ebay/paypal that should be enough for them to give your money back, they tend to side with the buyer and dont care what or how the returned item arrives as.

I know this as i was screwed around by a buyer who raised a dispute, they sided with me despite all my info and lengthy discusion with them that he was incorrect, the buyer simply said "doesnt work" the buyer sent back half the item and kept the rest for himself with a full refund, leaving me with a useless half and no money.

Unfortunately paypal require proof of DELIVERY to claim, which is why they want the tracking number.

Anything bought via ebay that you send as a seller, has to be 'signed for' delivery to cover yourself from the rip off merchants. Even if someone recieves thier item from you, and goes to paypal saying they havent recieved it and it wasn't through a 'signed for' service they will get a refund whether or not you like it, they take it out of your paypal balance and if your paypal balance is 0 it will come out the registered card or bank account linked to your PayPal account.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately paypal require proof of DELIVERY to claim, which is why they want the tracking number.

Anything bought via ebay that you send as a seller, has to be 'signed for' delivery to cover yourself from the rip off merchants. Even if someone recieves thier item from you, and goes to paypal saying they havent recieved it and it wasn't through a 'signed for' service they will get a refund whether or not you like it, they take it out of your paypal balance and if your paypal balance is 0 it will come out the registered card or bank account linked to your PayPal account.
+1 to that. There are so many people who think they can screw sellers over through the long distance selling act laws (which were designed by a 5 year old)
I have had this problem a few times from a seller's point of view. just the other day i sent a parcel. Signed for delivery, on the 19th he recieved and signed for them, then 2 days later he stated that he didnt have them. And because the dispute was open for sometime due to a delay from me paypal refunded him. I emailed him hoping that he was a decent guy, turns out he wasnt. So basically he got away with fraud. But from a sellers point of view alot and i mean ALOT of people will try and rip you off so it is hard to tell the genuine cases like yours from the phonies.
eBay is becoming increasingly worse for this kind of thing (people trying to make money from things they buy from high street stores)
9/10 you will get the product from an internet shop for cheaper anyway.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have proof of purchase you can claim for the 'lost' package through Royal Mail after 15 working days.

Yes SnowAngel, but I did receive the item so that would be fraudulent so why would I do this ???

I gave him negative feedback & he sent me this :

[email protected]>
to J>
date Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 2:42 AM
signed-by goo
hide details 2:42 AM (6 hours ago)
if you spend more time to do something better, you can get rid of
poverty quickly, and wont be a burden of this country,

I replied thusly

from J
date Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:01 AM
mailed-by g
hide details 9:01 AM (6 minutes ago)
Wonderful ,hold that thought & take it with you to the G20 summit,
meanwhile you take leaf from your own book & do something better such as meet your
obligations treating your customer's with respect instead of contempt & refund people's money.
Alas looking at your neg feedback history this is highly unlikely.

v6hughes: its in the 1st link mate , dont tell him your from a forum or he will judge you as a layabout LOL

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
.............. they answered asking me to send it back to the place it came from but to a different person ? So I put both names on the package & got proof of purchase, so a week or so went by & they had not received blah blah, then they said they did not know of the person I had sent the ityem back to ?? This did annoy me so I escalated the claim on paypal they then (knowing i had sent item )............
Yes SnowAngel, but I did receive the item so that would be fraudulent so why would I do this ???
Sorry If i understood it wrong, but it sounds like either they are saying they haven't recieved the item you sent back to them, thus YOU could put in a claim to the post office saying it has been lost.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No need to apologise SA ,I did not explain it clearly enough.

In the 1st instance they(sellers) asked me to send it back to the original address that it was sent from, after a week of nothing I escalated the paypal claim.

They(sellers) then gave Paypal a different address than they had previously given to me to return the item, knowing full well that I would not be able to as I had already sent it to the address that they had previously given , also I would not be able to provide Paypal with a tracking number.
I have proof of postage but no tracking number & when you go into the Paypal dispute its all automated so I cannot get through to explain, I have tried but no answer from Paypal apart from the automated response telling not to reply ??
Nice people!...

Anyway the steam has stopped coming out of my ears now :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you have a paypal dispute open, escalate it to a claim. Staff from paypal will investigate it then allowing you to explain.

Sounds to me like they knew exactly what they were doing from when they told you to send it back.

Was it signed for when you recieved it?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have escalated it to a claim but as said its automated & set question asking for tracking number ,have sent e mail last week through "contact us" to pay[al but only automated response telling me how important I am to them ??

Anyway I have really upset our deviuos freind & he wants to do a "deal" with me ...

I told him earlier he can keep the money as I am so angry (was) at the way he has been so sneaky.
My relation is a Inland revenue Tax inspector & I have told him that the tax office will be looking at his online business to make sure everything is in order , that's seems to have upset for some reason:cool: ?? here is his reply...

rom G.ME <weyri6
to J
date Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 3:34 AM
signed-by googlem
hide details 3:34 AM (7 hours ago)

Dont talk about tax inspector, it will just cost me money and time to
give my tax details if they check, and my accountant will charge me
very expensive rate per hours if I need him to do some documents. This
month I just worry about how to get the money to pay for the vat and
corporation tax, if you want to ask them to check my business, please
be quick,do you think we can make money by selling this cable for 7
pounds? I am thinking about shut down this shop here and go to another
country to do something else, UK is not a good place to do business
anymore, maybe i should let the little business go to administration.

This cable is very good, only few people cannot get it work.

Let us do a deal, and in the future we dont need to deal with each
other, i can refund you the money,but you have to remove the feedback
for me. I dont mind the forum things, if people dont buy this item,
that is fine, i dont make money from it at all. I am not very patient
sometimes, but think about yourself, dont you think you threaten
people with the forum and feedback things, which is not a good
solution?

take care.

Takes care Lol :cheese::cheese:

Now he's concerned about me :cheese:,I just cannot think of a good reply so I'll let him stew , I feel better
now he is having his own medicine back!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Paypals phone numbers, if e-mails are not working or the responses are not adequate enough, give them a call.

Contact Us
PayPal Customer Service:
08707 307 191

00353 1 436 9004
(This is an international telephone number, international calling rates apply.) Please note: Our Limitations Department is available Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Our Claims Department is available Monday to Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.

8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. Monday to Friday
8.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. Saturday
9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. Sunday
Royal mail standard parcels will insure your item upto £39, so regardless of your paypal/ebay goings on the you shouls be able to claim as the guy says it wasnt recieved. which was what SA was saying i think.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Sounds like your "pressure" has worked....doesn't sound as though English is the seller's native language so maybe his communication is a little compromised......

I do understand the problems of a small business trying to stay afloat - and like most people I've had my share of customers "taking the mick" - but so far I've just griited my teeth and refunded them, although of course in that case you are out of pocket on the goods supplied and the postage......I do find people contacting you through forums tend to be better to deal with than the general "joe Public".

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had someone threaten me with court from a 99p item that i had already refunded to him.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

He has come back & said they have found the package that I returned & apologised . Also said that he was being difficult as he thought I was scamming him ?? Anyway his staff had "somehow" missed my package & had not realised it was from me ?

So paypal have refunded .

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha Ha this guy's a real gem.

Paypal refunded the money after he notified them that he had received the item after all,he has now started a claim through e bay for me as a non paying bidder ...lol .
How stupid is E bay ?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its jsut to get his fees back that he paid to sell the item; However you will have a strike on your account as a non payer if it goes in his favour, so make sure you co-operare!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha Ha this guy's a real gem.

Paypal refunded the money after he notified them that he had received the item after all,he has now started a claim through e bay for me as a non paying bidder ...lol .
How stupid is E bay ?
I have had this in the past with sellers.....

Bobster i would tell him that if he doesn't retract the non paying bidder crud you will report him to the tax office......

And irrespective i would report him anyway, he sounds like a right to**er

1 - 20 of 20 Posts