Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in a Silver '95 2 litre 8v 155. 158k miles on the clock, 3 friends & I.

Track time is from 10am to 3.30pm.
I'll be mechanicing the others will be driving.

Suspension:
Front, KW coilovers with adjustable ride height & dampers [ Donated from Damien C's 146 ]
Rear, KW dampers fixed rating with mating lowering springs [ Donated from Damien C's 146 ]
Upper strut brace
Lower front strut brace

Brakes:
Front, Grooved 284mm x 22mm discs with EBC Greenstuff pads
Rear, grooved 240mm x 11mm discs with standard pads
Braided Goodrich hoses x 6 [ Donated from Damien C's 146 ]
DOT5.1 Brake fluid
Now with FULLY working ABS system, I had to replace left front sensor, donated form the '97 155 after some carefull removal of the donor sensor.

Wheels:
15" Multispoke alloys x 4 & 15" 'Speedline' Alfa 155 rims x 4, all fitted with road tyres.

Steering:
Up-graded from standard to 'quick rack' from a '97 widebody 155 [ that has meet it maker :cry: ] The car has been aligned with negative camber on the front wheels to improve cornering.

New clutch fitted last Monday week :) Drivers side bucket seat fitted yesterday :) :)

This will be the 4th session this car has attended. On previous sessions it drove flawlessly. Its fairly well stripped but I could take more weight out if allowed.

So tonight its on the transporter, fueled up, spare fuel in Jerry cans, tools & trolley jack in Jeep. ONE SLEEP to go.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Sounds great!
All the best with that Pat...

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Pity I'm not nearer would go and have a Gawk at it .. Cark slang for look :thumbs:

Take some piccies or veeeeedio and put on here if you can :thumbs:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I woke at 6.ooam yesterday morning, drove 170 miles to/from Mondello, we did another 120 odd miles on track, went to a 'post-Ttrack-Day/Christmas' meet-up [ in the Silver 155 ], another 60 miles & wasn't in bed until 1am. Didn't wake til 10am this morning.

4 drivers, one car, 20 mins max per driver, 10 min break to check over the car & let it cool down, we all got approx 1 hour of driving time & more as passenger. The car was excellent. Never used a drop of oil or coolant, brakes never faded, the ABS system [ really glad I got it working ] worked to perfection, handling was very very forgiving even in the wettest condition. The recently fitted bucket seat was a major improvement for 'feedback'. every move the car made I could feel thro the seat, that combined with a recently fitted quick rack the car was a joy to drive.

The morning was damp, mid day was WET, afternoon was wet to down-pour.

The Alfa was always out when others were breaking down, crashing into banks.... not saying that the 4 of us didn't have our moments of 'spins' & 'slides' , when been harried by an RX7 I got sloppy & ended up doing a 360 deg spin on the long right handed before Tarzan [ 7A & 7B ]

This morning the car is filthy, both from my 360 spin & the dirt sprayed up from transporting on the transporter. Now it has 5 track days completed & seems to be getting better.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Top class Pat!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,941 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Class man:D I'd love have used them coily's on the track, sure there still brand new really only have about 15k miles on them. Glad they are being put to use :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you know where I'd get stiffer springs for them? on the road they are nice, but on track they could be stiffer. The Raggazon exhaust is not been used at present, i have plans to use it on a Black or Blue 155 Road car.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You could email KW themselves and ask them for harder springs but did you turn the dampers to their hardest settings? They were pretty stiff on the 146 when I used them on the road.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dampers set to MAX, on the road they feel great, on track they feel a tad soft. do you know what rating the current springs are?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't a clue at all man. Was it too much lean you where experiencing is it?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i know what you are thinking, we need an upgraded ARB, it'll be fitted in Feb '12

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeh, that's where I woul start personally as new springs are well mental money esp from KW them coilys where 1300 euro.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts