·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh shame.. lol ok hehehehe

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Perreby has pretty muh covered the MA to death, and I'm picking it up on Monday, so I can't really comment yet, but will do as soon as the deed is done!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
By popular demand...

I picked up my Giulietta 1.4 MA yesterday. It's Pastel red and has the 17" multi hole alloys with the black fabric interior with an armrest and the Tom Tom adaptor on the dash. I bought the Tom Tom too.

I've done 180km's in the car of which maybe 50 were neccessary, the rest was just cause it's awesome. The motor is still incredibly tight, and it's in run in mode, but it's definitely a very responsive, rev happy, powerful, fun, characterful drive.

The interior is solidly built and nicely put together, and to be honest its even quiter than any of my three 159's i've owned. The steering feel is perfect, nice and light in N and quick and firm in D. On that note I must add that it's the easiest car to park that Alfa has ever built, with a very tight turning circle.

I do still miss the V6 roar, but the turbo spool and dump in this car is insane!
My little bro says its like the Mito, but all grown up. The gears and slick and the suspension and handeling put a huge grin on my face. It's as close the the 159 Q4 that I've ever experienced in a front wheel drive car

I'm loving the admiring looks, and I must admit I do feel quite empowered in the car.

Pics to follow and more write ups in time...

P

·
0 Posts
Glad you enjoying it..

Once the engine has done a few 100km's the engine becomes even better..

The car pulls like a train in Dynamic... And it sounds the part too for a little 1.4 pot!

Push it hard in Dynamic up to 3rd gear and rev it to about 4500 revs in third and take your foot of the petrol, listen to the dump then :)

Have you had a chance to test out the "prefill" brakes? It stops pretty rapidly in D mode when it needs too!

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I might be buying one myself soon, looking at novitec, downpipe and K&N drop in. hope to pump it from 125 to 154kw or so.....

P

·
0 Posts
Wow!!

Now I want to do that too Benzina,

Novitec and DP for Giulietta or removing cats from GTA? Decisions decisions!! Cant afford both options right now :(

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Run in is complete (the little H on the dash is gone) and the car has changed completely!I also managed to get the tom tom integratyed with the blue and me, so it shows all the cars stats, has a tiny giulietta on the screen, shows instructions on the normal trip computer and plays through the speakers and handles phone calls far more convienently than the steering controls. I let Jurie (my broker) drive the car today (he's taking over our stores insurance) and pretty sure he's hooked. Plus my dad the Mercedes man is in love with the car, which I never thought would happen. So much so that he's offered to pay it off for me if I agree to keep it for 3 years and then give it to my little bro.

I'm in love with this car!!!!!!

Gripes:
The alarm beeping noise
My brake peddal clicks
Arm rest is a pain

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I might be buying one myself soon, looking at novitec, downpipe and K&N drop in. hope to pump it from 125 to 154kw or so.....
They are discounting hugely, so don't pay anywhere near full list. Do it, this car is leages above the 159 range, and I loved the 159 range.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Run in is complete (the little H on the dash is gone) and the car has changed completely!I also managed to get the tom tom integratyed with the blue and me, so it shows all the cars stats, has a tiny giulietta on the screen, shows instructions on the normal trip computer and plays through the speakers and handles phone calls far more convienently than the steering controls. I let Jurie (my broker) drive the car today (he's taking over our stores insurance) and pretty sure he's hooked. Plus my dad the Mercedes man is in love with the car, which I never thought would happen. So much so that he's offered to pay it off for me if I agree to keep it for 3 years and then give it to my little bro.

:thumbs: Really stoked that you enjoying it so much :thumbs:

P

·
0 Posts
Zeff, the alarm beep is loud hey..

The arm rest a pain? Then again you are short while I am rather tall... I love the arm rest...

Jip the car changes completely once it's run in... Love the way the car changes character when flicked into D. Drive in second at 2000 revs then flick it to D and feel the car surge forward..Love that.... Or at night when the dials dim and brighten up when you put it in D.

And the red LEDs next to the reading lights on the roof that gives the car and the DNA switch and gear lever a red glow at night...

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Wow!!

Now I want to do that too Benzina,

Novitec and DP for Giulietta or removing cats from GTA? Decisions decisions!! Cant afford both options right now :(
Well it all depends on how cheeky you feel, my reasoning being the warranty etc department probably wont have much love for you because of that :lol: i for one dont care much they can take their warrantys and plans etc and shove them up their a**** :p

Gripes:
The alarm beeping noise
My brake peddal clicks
Arm rest is a pain
if you want to it can be switched of by alfa themselfs or probably fiatecuscan, i have fiatecuscan if your interested, BUT dont bash the beep hey, the other day i was in JHB, me and my girl got out the car and i pressed the lock button, but didnt hear a beep so i tried several times until i heard it beep and lock, meaning those gate remote thieves were somewher in the area trying to catch me out but thanks to my faithful beep i was saved.

They are discounting hugely, so don't pay anywhere near full list. Do it, this car is leages above the 159 range, and I loved the 159 range.
Dont worry i NEVER pay even trade price, im stingy i know :rolleyes:, anywho i tend to disagree a bit, ive driven both cars and honestly the 159 ride quality is nicer, you can feel your in a more luxurious cruser sailing over the road. also while the interior of the G is nice, the smell and feel is a lot more plasticy than the plush all leather doorpanels etc of the 159. but still the G is a excellent car dont get me wrong.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts