Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hygrade,

So what have you done with with your G?

This is the year I will make a few small mods to the G!

The novitec chip will be first, I want to add the QV sideskirts to my MA.

What have you done to your car's intake? I checked that vid you posted a link of on here and your car sounds crazy... :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
It's a simple but not so simple mod where the entirevintakebis removed and replaced. The cat is also out

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you do it yourself?

I am a lot of things but technically minded is not one of them so I would rather pay for the new intake and have someone fit it for me... So what was the cost of the intake and removing the cat?

You still have the novitec chip in it?

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Not sure the MA intake is the same but u need 72mm coupler silicone. 90 deg bend and filter. Cat was free as I did it at Dutch and I was the first so he liked the idea.

If I took a guess

R100 for coupler
R150 for 90deg bend
500-800 for filter

500 to remove cat

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Removed cat but no DP? Post a pic aseblief.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
The cat is on the DP do by hollowing it out you effectivly create a cylinder of about 120mm x 300mm.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
The advantage of doing it this way is that the agents will not know that it is out with a visual inspection.
Hygrade so the management does not complain with the cat in the down pipe removed?
Well the 159 doesn’t but then it is a oil burner.
Did you notice changes in the boost characteristics? Faster spool up and maybe a bit more boost until the electronics bring it back down.
On the 159 the spool up is a lot better and the boost actually went up a little bit as well.
Consumption improved marginally and the DPF Regens (not a problem on the petrol cars) are a lot more efficient as well.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
rememebr the system is recirculatary and boost is really low from about 1800 RPM. I am still convinced that since the system is able to tell you what gear ur in that it retards boost in first and second. She peaks at 1.6 everynow and then but then the knpock sensor sends a wake up call to the ECU. Octain booster is helping in this regard.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Ok so the boost did go up a bit although you have a chip tune box or something on it as well or am I wrong.
Yes I agree they limit them in first and second gear for some reason Alfa love doing that. I suppose they want to keep the diff’s from exploding like the 3.2’s did.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turbo, when can I bring the G for this?

For now just the intake... I will remove the cats later...

I want to save some cash for the 4C on a monthly basis so this is stopping me from fixing up the GTA and modding the Giulietta at the same time...

So first is the intake for the Giulietta... Secondly getting the powerjet 2 chip, 3rdly ill remove the cats.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
why powerjet..why? Do ecu tuning!CPi are now also busy with GQV!

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Yes they busy. When a few have been tuned reliably then we will talk. Novitec has been around allot longer and its reliable.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
what OB you using?

I fitted a forge intake now with a NF Ultra Race OB...damn damn damn

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I found the NF is ok but it still pings a little and pulls back. I'm now using Liqui moly.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Mine pinged hella without intake...after fitting FORGE TRUE CAI...absolutely no pinging...NF Ultra is baas on stage 2!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay so after I have my turbo sorted out I'll do the intake...

Had a look at the intake pipe this morning.

HG the intake pipe is pretty thick so I am assuming its the same as the QV's

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey Perreby did you ever upgrade the MA? Keen to know how much performance is still left in the 1.4 engine. Over 130kW will be upwards of 94kW per litre! High for a small motor! Also 102kW per ton.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not yet... All spare cash going into my piggy bank for the 4C.

Read of a 1.4MA making 142kw.. Chipped.

The new Polo GTI with 1.4l motor makes 139kw so this kind of power is possible for a small motor.

For now if I want thrills and kicks I hop in the GTA! :cheese:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts