Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
El you got me thinking on that roof on that GTV of yours.
It looks :wow:
That said can you give me a bit more info on that black sunroof of your.
Does it leak?Do you have any idea who's done this to your car?
How does it work for you.
Can you please post some pics of that roof open/closed.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Hi Nicus. It is a Weathershield sunroof. I had to apply sealant under the frame to stop it leaking when I got it. It never leaked after, but recently I discovered some rust because the previous owner never installed drain channels. I will be redoing the roof soon. I'll post pics when I get home.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
HI Nicus. Sorry for taking so long. Vrek busy with diy renovations in preparation for the baby and hosed my phone down, so had to borrow my wife's phone to take pics:thumbs:.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Yep, you heard right - baby! Landing early March if things go as planned. I still can't believe I'm going to be a father! Of a girl. Thinking of getting her pink overalls to work on her overcomplicated travel system when I'm messing with the Alfa:) so's I can kill two birds with one stone!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any body here know who made this. Can't make out the name on the plate at the front of sunroof frame. This sunroof looks excellent folded back. It gives that classic 500 cabriolet look.
images.jpg
How much more is the wind noise than a hardtop when closed. If I decide to do this in the future Drainage pipes is going to be a Must.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Thanks, Nicus. You can google folding sunroof. I believe Hollandia is one of the brands still making them. Some cars came with dealer-fitted Webasto sunroofs.
Sunroofs generally come with drainage channels. I think the PO just messed this up when putting it back on after resto.
The wind noise is actually less with the top down and wind deflector up. I can actually have a conversation with my wife at highway speeds without shouting.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OOh Goodie. Then this looks like an investment. Can I ask you just one more thing. Can't recall which tread but can you please put that nice picture on from back top photo angle so that I can start drooling over it:lol:

·
Registered
861 Posts
@ Nicus thank you very much I received the CD. And it works awesome!
@ EL my wife is also expecting a girl! Due on the 12 of October! And berlieve it or not I
Have purchased that baby grow on Ebay!!! Took 2 weeks to arrive!

Will post pics soon. Only snag is the Alfa logo print is not very bright!
But its the idea!!!

I so wish my 146 can have a sunroof. Its still my dream to own an Alfa with a sunroof.
Maybe a 156 GTA......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts