87,325 Posts

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Looks fantastic!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Very very nice...I don't usually like cars in white, but the Giulia has something pretty terrific about her in that colour! Actually, I'm thinking the car looks best in the two "non-metallic" available colours, Alfa Red and White; The others, I find they "drown" the line a bit - even that metallic blue I absolutely love as a colour per se...although I've only seen a blue Giulia (Quadrifoglio) under artificial lighting.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very very nice...I don't usually like cars in white, but the Giulia has something pretty terrific about her in that colour! Actually, I'm thinking the car looks best in the two "non-metallic" available colours, Alfa Red and White; The others, I find they "drown" the line a bit - even that metallic blue I absolutely love as a colour per se...although I've only seen a blue Giulia (Quadrifoglio) under artificial lighting.
Thanks, I agree about the colours, never had white before, it will be the devil to keep clean but what the hell! I like the "Misano Blue that's available on the veloce.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey looks great, congratulations.
Was it you I saw on the M50 on Sunday afternoon? I was lurking in the middle lane trying to get a look. She looked great on the road, despite the rain.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey looks great, congratulations.
Was it you I saw on the M50 on Sunday afternoon? I was lurking in the middle lane trying to get a look. She looked great on the road, despite the rain.
Probably me ok, was that you in the proteo red spider with the hard top ? Any word on your Giulia?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yeah that was me.
Last time I checked I was given an estimated of the 18th. Am away next week so am hoping to have a nice welcome home present when I get back.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
How do you like those wheels?

I saw them in the metal for the first time over the weekend, and I was surprised how "matte" they looked. They gave the impression of having been covered in matte rubber or something when just looking at them. Didn't look like metal at all.

Can't say that I cared for that look. The actual wheel design is cool, though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do you like those wheels?

I saw them in the metal for the first time over the weekend, and I was surprised how "matte" they looked. They gave the impression of having been covered in matte rubber or something when just looking at them. Didn't look like metal at all.

Can't say that I cared for that look. The actual wheel design is cool, though.
You're right, no shine at all on wheels, they look powder coated? I went for them for 3 reasons, 1 big holes so you can see the calipers. 2 dark wheels against white car and 3 easy to clean. After multi-spoke wheels on my last car I said never again, too hard to clean.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You're right, no shine at all on wheels, they look powder coated? I went for them for 3 reasons, 1 big holes so you can see the calipers. 2 dark wheels against white car and 3 easy to clean. After multi-spoke wheels on my last car I said never again, too hard to clean.
Love it. I wouldn't ever go for white myself but those wheels really mark it out and white does work for the lines. The down road graphics of the Trilobo also stands out strongly. No mistaking that in a rear-view mirror! Good thinking on the wheel cleaning too. I had a 09 159 Lusso with the multispoke where the spokes were split...and my god were they a MARE to clean. The red calipers are a nice touch too.

Happy motoring!

Reactions: Mufasa

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks pdmc, the spider I have at the moment is red, the 159 I just sold was blue, and my Alfas before that were red, black,red and red so I fancied a change. It'll be a challenge to keep it clean though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Love those wheels! And the colour combo too! Not a fan of those multi-spoke turbine-style wheels at all on the Giulia
Best of luck with the car :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts