Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Just a quick hello to introduce myself .

I have just purchased an Alfa 147 (my first Alfa) I have wanted one for many years but circumstances have not allowed it unfortunately !

Anyway at last I have one now and can't wait to go for a blat

Being honest though probably rather stupidly :tut: I have purchased one (04 plate with 20k on the clock) without actually seeing it and driving it in the flesh. I have bought it from a reputable dealer though so I'm not that concerned and the pics of it do look lovely, especially the luscious leather seats .

Hoping for it to be delivered Thursday so can't wait.

I will post some pics when it has arrived and look forward to discussing various topics with you Alfa owners in the future.

See you around :thumbs:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi & Welcome! I bought this 156 off eBay for £900 and am loving every minute! (Even the burst rad and power steering pipes have not ended my love affair) :inlove: :inlove:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one, must admit I'm a bit apprehensive about it being the semi auto model as I have not driven one before so not sure what to expect, I heard a while ago that they are fun ....what's your experience of it Phil

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, roofless (hopefully not a preminition of things to come:lol: anyway I did the same as you, I bought a 2004 Alfa 147 Lusso, unseen, it had done 21.500 miles and was situated in Aberdeen, I only saw it on the internet, Had it shipped to Swansea, nearest place they would go to Bristol?? went and picked it up and since then have had nothing but fun from it, I have done loads of things to it to enhance it's looks and performance, and love it, this is my third 147, hope you will be as happy with your purchase, Take care and "Happy Motoring"

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Our Sele' was great. Bit sad though, as the new owner has a prob. with it now, which I hope has been fixed. Never gave us a spot of bother, once we had the correct powered battery installed?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eeyore (et al), so what mods can you do to the 147, totally new to them myself ! When mine gets delivered on Thursday is there anything I should check, such as cambelt etc, it;s 4 years old and done 24k, will check the technical forum out next but if you have any advice I'd appreciate, I have owned VW's mainly in the past (boring ) and my other car is a lotus so couldn't be further away.

I need to get a bike rack as I'm off to centre parks in two weeks and need the bikes on board, any recomendations?

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
867 Posts
Mine's a 9 year old Sele, no probs so far! Keep the Selespeed oil topped up and the battery in tip top condition.

Listen for the throttle blip on down shifts! :D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts