Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone out there. I finally got myself a 156. It's a Y/2001, 1.6 Veloce in metallic cosmic blue with teledial alloys. Full service history, 103K and drives beautifully. A BIG thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum - your combined advice was invaluable. (re: variators, suspension, parts, servicing etc. I've found a "Alfa Nut" at Alfa Auto Services in Birmingham and he'll be servicing my Alfa - I'll let you know how we get on.

Got to go - there's a Alfa to drive outside.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome alfastlast. :)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Welcome to the forum :cool: If you have any pictures of your Alfa, then please share them with us ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
You might not want to post pics as Mr. roswell will come in and laugh at the 1.6 engine and tell you the paint is odd coloured :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Welcome to AO anyway ;)

(and a :p @ roswell if (s)he ever reads this :p )

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Be brave :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hi, and welcome. I'm also in Birmingham and be interested to know who and where 'Alfa Auto Services' are.
I thought I was the only Alfa Nut in Birmingham!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Happy driving! :cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drivers71 said:
Hi, and welcome. I'm also in Birmingham and be interested to know who and where 'Alfa Auto Services' are.
I thought I was the only Alfa Nut in Birmingham!
No probs, but before I recommend them to you let me experience their service. I'll be taking my Alfa in around July and will post my feedback then (sure everything will be fine, but I'd rather be cautious with my recommendations) - BTW, they are on Sydenham Rd, Sparkhill/Sparkbrook.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Welcome on board mate. :) I hope you enjoy. :cool:

Please ignore any previous picture request. ;)

Do you want to show us any piccies of your Alfa? :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aplogies for the lack of pics. I'll take some this weekend and hopefully post them too.

My alfa has a slipping clutch - quotes vary from £488 to £185. Middlish one is for £250 using Valeo kit. I'll go for that soomer rather than later.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alfaatlast said:
No probs, but before I recommend them to you let me experience their service. I'll be taking my Alfa in around July and will post my feedback then (sure everything will be fine, but I'd rather be cautious with my recommendations) - BTW, they are on Sydenham Rd, Sparkhill/Sparkbrook.
Hi Drivers71 and all alfa people.

Just put my Alfa through a MOT over the weekend - passed with no problems. Today, I've just picked it up from its 108K service at Alfa Auto Care. I found them to be good honest people who didn't try to rip me off. In fact I forgot my chequebook and wallet at home and he just said, "No problem, drop the money off when your passing". Wow!

Let me qualify my recommendation. Since the weekend my Alfa's been running a little unevenly and hesitating, I thougt it might be a slipping clutch. Then yesterday afternoon after a 15 mile run it became very lumpy, the engine control system light started to flicker, turned off and then stayed on. I phoned the Alfa Dealer in Dudley, who told me they'd plug it into their diagnostic machine and let me know the fault for £42. The 108K service would be a another approx £270 and any rectification would be extra. YIKES!!!

I decided to stick with Alfa Auto Services, they identified the cause of the uneven/lumpy running - a faulty spark plug. They serviced may Alfa, replaced all the plugs and let me drive off without paying. Highly recommended. If the Forum allows, I'll post their telephone number.

I'm going to drive back there now to pay them.

My humble 1.6 drives even better now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts