Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must I do it?

I drove the Golf 6 R, that DSG change noise irritates the hell out of me...bwaaaaaaaaaaapaaaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaaapaaaaaaaaahh...:mad:

Megane RS is too small inside and I raced one and killed it off easily(GQV is getting better and better as miles add up!!!)

Sat in G7 GTi, drove it and felt underpowered and crap, its nice and big, but...too much of them at R450k!

Sat in Opel OPC...I'm in love! Didn't even drive it yet...got a better trade and "shortfall" deal with trade assist so I literaly lose nohting whereas with AR I'm loosing R100k...R60k on trade value and R40k shortfall.

OPC is waiting...should I do it? I really like my Alfa, I'm even willing to trade to another GQV. I cannot wait till 2nd quarter for GQV TcT and I'll neve ever buy a new Alfa ever again, I'll wait until a demo or 2nd hand TcT comes along...

I'm in two minds, everything says yes and my heart says no.:cry:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Im assuming you didnt sit in the back?
It has the worst seats in the back I have ever experienced.

as long as you only intend putting 2 ppl in it then its fine.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sat in the back yes...not for long...I'll go again and sit in the back or have a mate sit in the back.

Its only ever my wife and two babas in the car with me.

I'm going to drive it maybe today or tomorrow then I'll decide.

Mind change is such a luxury.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Proof of the pudding is in the tasting. Perhaps drive it first? Wasn't lotus involved in the chassis tuning? Not an Alfa but you still have the GTV. and 100k is alot to lose...:confused:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
R100k is freakin much!

I haven't even told the wife yet i can already hear...you already have a 2 door GTV wtf do we need a 2 door family car for...ai ai ai

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give him a week and he will consider a Pug GTi R
we are soulmates!!! You know my inner being!:thumbs:

I forgot to add...

passion!

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
R100k is freakin much!

I haven't even told the wife yet i can already hear...you already have a 2 door GTV wtf do we need a 2 door family car for...ai ai ai
Ok this is where I draw the line...
2 door family car? not cool :tut:
But... if you had bought her, say a Fiat last year, then maybe I could agree to having a 2 dor family car.

we are soulmates!!! You know my inner being!:thumbs:

I forgot to add...

passion!
You're saying it wrong, it's pesshin :cheese: #CThumour

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Why not shop a M135i while you looking at these hot hatches.

Its ugly but it f's off big time...

Thought you liked the Focus ST too?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
m135i is BEEG money...budget is R400k and I'll pay in a little extra...the OPC deal is just too good! Settle my car at its high freakin cost and the deal is good...

if the wife says yes I'm 50% in that car.

the 135i is one moerse ugly car though and it looks small???

The OPC is hella wide!

pesshin is out the window, AR is losing its sweet spot with me daily. I then get into the GTV to remember what its all about.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just consider the number of units that Opel is moving in the SA market. You will end up with quite an exclusive car, but it will cost you in resale value in 2 years time. Then again, we all do with AR. Guess its a trade-off. You buy a Vdub, cry everyday while driving, but smile when you sell it. Alternatively, buy an AR, smile everyday while driving and only cry once on sale date.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just consider the number of units that Opel is moving in the SA market. You will end up with quite an exclusive car, but it will cost you in resale value in 2 years time. Then again, we all do with AR. Guess its a trade-off. You buy a Vdub, cry everyday while driving, but smile when you sell it. Alternatively, buy an AR, smile everyday while driving and only cry once on sale date.
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Exactly could not have said it better.

It really ****es me off...atleast owe us the AR driver the decency and offer us between trade and retail for our cars.

The GQV TcT WILL, I repeat, WILL come in at over R450k...who in his right mind is going to buy that car at that price? - Someone ordered it for 30000 Euros already.:cry::rant:

saying that, the OPC I'm looking at is the blue color...new is R459k, this one is R399k with 2000km...I see ones for R369k with 4000km so right now I'm starting to think twice.

A friend told me to ask what the Brembo drilled brake discs will cost to replace seeing as it has no MP...when i talk or type like this its slipping through my fingers...Mercedes offers MP with ALL cars am I right? Now how do we pay R45k for a car with NO MP?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Take the OPC. Just take something...

It's not as fast as they made it out to be though.
:cheese:

I feel like this.

Brakes and pads for car is over R10k if they need to be replaced.:eek:

erm...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
on the GQV i replaced 20000km then 50000km and then recently again before I went to CPT.

Are they insane?

And a quick search through gumtree reveals a couple of 2013 models for almost R90k less...wtf. Are they not incl VAT in that price or what.

Anyway, I'll drive it and make a proper decision, right now I'm not too excited anymore.

its you with your pesshin nonsense.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jeez what's worse, an Alfa, Astra, Pug or Volvo lol.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts