Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just trying to clarify something in my mind, having a look around for some fancy discs (drilled or grooved) I cant find anyone to supply some nice 281mm discs for the G as they all seem to be flat faced.

Given the fact my car runs GM hubs I should be able to run Astra 280 discs right? the dimensions are 99% the same in width and thickness the only difference is that the Astra brakes are 280mm instead of 281...

let me know your thoughts.

PS - I don't have the money to upgrade to 330s as id need new hubs etc.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I am not aware of the Giulietta sharing Astra Hubs at all?? I thought it was all bespoke for the giulietta?

It is the Mito that shares parts with the Corsa (and Punto).

·
Registered
123 Posts
I changed mine for drilled and grooved ones. They look great on the car and they were cheap as well under £100 inc p&p.

I got them from MTEC brakes, you can google them or find them on ebay. Just make sure you have the right socket to fit the calipers, it's a star/torx one. I started the job before I knew I needed one but got by using a 16mm socket ( I wouldn't recommend doing this). You can get a set of star sockets off ebay for about a tenner, so worth it. :smile:

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all I ordered some MTEC Brakes and mintex pads direct from MTEC they have 10% off at the moment I paid less than £90 for the front end :)

ill update when I get them - I didn't go for any silly coatings

Thanks to all

·
Registered
123 Posts
Glad to help. I'm sure you like them. Every time I clean the wheels I think how good the discs look, also I think the wheels stay cleaner as I seem to get less brake dust on the wheels since fitting them. :smile:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Colpat, did you get rear ones from them too?

They don't seem to have rear brake pads?

Have you got a picture you can share ? :grin:

Kap

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Colpat, did you get rear ones from them too?

They don't seem to have rear brake pads?

Have you got a picture you can share ? :grin:

Kap
will fit them tomorrow, I went for the grooved and dimpled

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Drilled Discs.

Alfa Tee Shirt.jpg
No Kapilan I didn't fit rear discs as I could not find anywhere that sold Drilled or Grooved ones to fit the Giulietta. As for a picture of them I think Zoo has beaten me to it.
I have fitted discs form MTEC on a few cars in the past and never had any problem with them and at the price they charge for their discs and pads, I will continue to use them in the future.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still haven't fitted these....

I will :D I promise!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts