Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at Annandale Water services on the M74 on Tuesday morning and saw one of these.:cool:

I did take pics on my phone but they are rubbish and he had cars parked either side.

It was the same colour though and on a 54 plate. Interestingly, his was de-badged however. The owner came out and we had a brief, friendly chat - he visibly relaxed when I commented on how rare it was to see a Zagato DB7 actually being used. Only 99 were made.

He and his wife were off to the factory for a special event laid on for owners. It sounded fantastic.

Lucky blighters! :D:cool:

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
That wavey rear screen looks expensive to replace, never seen or heard of this model Jim, what's the story with it, ie the vital stats?

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That wavey rear screen looks expensive to replace, never seen or heard of this model Jim, what's the story with it, ie the vital stats?
It was designed to be reminiscent of the 1961 DB4 Zagato that looked so cool for racing - not that this is a track car. All are hand-made alloy bodied versions of the DB7GT with a 5.9L/V12 engine and special interior. 0-60 is about 4.9s.

Bodies were made in Italy by Zagato with that signature "double-bubble" roofline but the 99 cars were built in the Bloxham, Oxfordshire factory. The first rolled out around 2003 at a cost of about £160,000. They easily fetch that and more now, I think.

Under the skin, it's the shorter chassis, 440bhp V12, 6 speed manual, bespoke wheels, uprated brakes, Vantage suspension, some carbon fibre inside with the trademark Zagato quilted trim - which looked stunning in red leather in the example I saw. Overall it is lighter than the DB7GT by something approaching 75kgs or the approximate equivalent weight of a picnic for Gaz.

It's quite spectacular from the front.
Front view

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Very, very :cool::thumbs:

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Your linky no worky Jimbob :(

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Computer says no :(

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Computer says no :(
Odd. I can see the picture embedded. Before I had pasted the link into the insert picture box and had two http//'s so I deleted one and it now looks OK from here. :confused:

Just Google Aston Martin DB7 Zagato! Probably easiest!

EDIT - odder still it has gone now!

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New picture inserted. Can you see that?

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Skills :thumbs::cool:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
.....Bodies were made in Italy by Zagato.......

......Overall it is lighter than the DB7GT by something approaching 75kgs or the approximate equivalent weight of a picnic for Gaz.
Harsh Jim :tut:

Not! :lol:
Then shouldn't that be "made in Lancashire by Gaz-ato"? ; he simply sat on the roof whilst consuming said picnic, :lol:.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts