Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this in todays pistonheads email, it's achingly beautiful. I'd give my right bollock for one (judging on life insurance claims i'd actually have to give both)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
It is a thing of great beauty alright, but as Bigfoot so rightly said, sooner or later they're going to have to design something new instead of just making the basic Aston shape a tad smoother every time they want to announce a new car.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's worked for porsche for 50 years ;)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes but on a single product and over the years. Aston today offers the same look on all its current line up.
Um.... If it aint broke don't fix it?

;)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Um.... If it aint broke don't fix it?

;)
I agree! If they were doing something wrong with the designs then fair enough but I think many will agree that Aston produce the singular most beautifull looking production cars on the planet. They may all share a common design look but they do it so well that it would be an unwise move to try and radically change it.

And let's be honest, Porsches all look the same......911, Boxster, Caymen....even the Cayenne is like some fugly in bred half cousin of the 911:lol: They couldn't even be bothered to try and design a new look for the 997 and just decided to use pre 996 ( in an attempt to pretend those droopy headlights never exsisted perhaps?)

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
I take your points guys, but I find them new Astons a bit too similar, that's all.

Jason 156 said:
And let's be honest, Porsches all look the same.
I am personally not a fan of Porsches. Wouldn't buy one, purely based on the looks.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So Mr BF, what your saying is that because Aston Martin seem to have got stuck on one design theme...

You wouldn't have one?

:D

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I do like Porsches, but I prefer the older ones. I'll agree the new ones do look too similar, but the Cayman is absolutely lovely, I really do like it a lot. It's right up there in my "favourite Porsches" list with the 944 S2 :D

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 17 of 17 Posts