Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
They are terrible looking!

I bet all new Fiesta owners tell people they look like mini Aston martins don't they. Im sure the dealers have been coining the phrase too...

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Funnily enough, I was just thinking that the other day.

Crazycarb, take a look at the grill on the new fiesta. Compare it to an Aston's grill.

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've long had a problem with Aston/Ford/Jaguar and the fact that Ian Callum is a one trick pony...............and I'm not saying that the recent design direction for Ford is down to him or the connection that has been there previously......

But......why aren't Aston Martin up in arms? What's in it for them?

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
The Aston lamps cut into the grille shape at the sides but the Ford is straight ? Ian Callum works for Tata.

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Aston lamps cut into the grille shape at the sides but the Ford is straight ? Ian Callum works for Tata.
Do you think that the Fiesta front facelift isn't meant to look a bit like an Aston front end grafted onto a Fiesta? I posted the pics to show the slight variation from one to the other, and yes there is a difference in line - but the overall effect is notably similar. Deliberately so, I'd say.

I know who Callum works for.

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
The story is that it goes with the new Mondeo, sold as the Fusion in the US where Ian's brother works. As you probably know!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Is it wrong to like the Cygnet:eek:?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Nobody seems to have complained that a fiat grande punto has looked like a mini maserati for years

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Nobody seems to have complained that a fiat grande punto has looked like a mini maserati for years
Still one of the best looking super minis ever - so much nicer than the MiTo.

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
Still one of the best looking super minis ever - so much nicer than the MiTo.
Luckily Alfa couldn't afford to do a facelift Mito with the same sad effect as the one on the Grande Punto. At that point( pun intended) the Mito overtook the Punto Evo in looks !

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Luckily Alfa couldn't afford to do a facelift Mito with the same sad effect as the one on the Grande Punto. At that point( pun intended) the Mito overtook the Punto Evo in looks !
The MiTo is being facelifted soon, mainly on the interior (weakest point) thankfully :)

Just new bumpers from what I've seen / understood.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Must admit I quite like the new fiesta, but I agree that there is no real originality in its design, it was done for the new turbo engines as they needed better cooling, so it was either that or a Scooby scoop on the bonnet or so I hear

1 - 20 of 24 Posts