Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
I thought they were just a joke on top gear!

Toyota IQ with a 50k price tag :eek:

Whats going on with the rear wheel offset? :tut:

·
Registered
38,248 Posts
The have the name right anyway.

Wasn't the ugly duckling a Cygnet?

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Aston Martini

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I had heard somewhere that it only exists to lower the 'average' emissions of the Aston Martin range. If so it's a poor reason for a car to exist :(

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Saw this in Sloane Street the other week not bad for £50K:confused:
Ironically the only one I have seen was in Newport pagnell

M

·
0 Posts
I had heard somewhere that it only exists to lower the 'average' emissions of the Aston Martin range. If so it's a poor reason for a car to exist :(
Thats exactly right - and Aston Martin have been quite transparent on that fact as well to be fair to them. There's no way they would be selling these if they didn't have too. More fool the person who buys them then.

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
What a totally pointless car for the money...50k ffs! It reminds me of a squashed peepsie carrier.

M

·
0 Posts
Thats exactly right - and Aston Martin have been quite transparent on that fact as well to be fair to them. There's no way they would be selling these if they didn't have too. More fool the person who buys them then.
so where are the similar offerings from lamborghini, ferrari, porsche, zonda, etc? :confused:

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
That story was broadcast on TopGear - whether it's right or not is a different matter!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
..... so they are only doing it because some Eurocrat is making them do it, and certainly not as a 'brand building' exercise.

Which begs the question, why aren't the likes of Ferrari doing the same? Do they have good enough emissions to scrape under some Euro limit, or is there a Ferrari 'duckling' (based on a Fiat 500 maybe?) around the corner that I haven't heard of?

Anyone have suggestions for a Lamborghini city car? (must be 70mpg+).... :/

C

·
0 Posts
I think emissions are calculated across the group, so Ferrari will be offset by FIAT, Lamborghini by Skoda and VW. As Aston isn't owned by Ford any more, they needed something with low emissions - from what I've read, they'll only be available to existing Aston owners anyway.

OP - Whirlwind, cool :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
We own the Protype :lol: Personally fu***y as hell.:tut: It is dynamically incredible:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
The original idea for the Cygnet was for them to only be available to DB9 buyers. Basically if you were driving one it was saying that there was a DB9 back at home. Enquiries from buyers soon put paid to that idea way before it went into production.
Us mere mortals have no idea how the minds of the rich work. £50k is small change to lots of people and when they go shopping for something they want the best. Without any shadow of a doubt the Cygnet is the finest quality city car in the world, a million miles from it's humble origins. There is no alternative out there that isn't cheap by comparison, why would the rich buy anything else?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
what he said. aston were always pretty transparent on why they were making this cygnet thing, and the people who buy one need their heads read

1 - 20 of 38 Posts