Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Assuming You Don't Drink & Drive What Is Your Main Reason For Not Doing So?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your main reason for not doing so?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I think if you had, it would have been the runaway winner, or is that just why you didn't include it. Personally I think the choices posted, go hand in hand, and it will be intersting to see what other members vote here now.......;)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Other :p

·
Registered
735 Posts
Not that I am prowd of that, but I will bring out the Mr. Jekkyl just to make a point of how things should NOT be done.

I recently payed 50 euros fine and 1 point earned for driving with 0.087 % where allowed is 0.030 %.

I sometimes on weekends go out with my car, and say to myself if I drink a bit, I will walk home... Not true. I always end up driving. Its only a 1-2 miles going 20-30 mph max. but still. Now I am definitely over with it... last week I left her parked in front of the club, went the next morning to get her. And it feels good. And I dont regret that one point and 50 euros, as I have learnt a valuable lession, paying it pretty cheap. Not to mention that I use company car every day and that loosing my licence (if I was over 0.1 %) would have been pretty shake for my job...

So, Alfa and absinth - not good together. :cheese:

K

·
0 Posts
If I'm honest, it's the ban/fine situation. I rarely break speed limits for the same reason.

·
Registered
735 Posts
and I missed the point a bit - yeah, shame on me, but it a ban/fine too. Sad, really, but true.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Same as keithyboy to be honest.

I think there's more chance of being caught than having an accident at the relatively low level of intoxication I'd risk driving at if the threat of a ban/fine wasn't there.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,505 Posts
because i have done it before and it is THE scariest thing i have ever done

never ever again

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
For both reasons but I couldn't cope with the responsibility of taking someones loved one/s away.

I very very very rarely drink.

I like to be in a position to drive in an emergency, ie, kids to A&E.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Ok this will hurt a bit . But over here when I was a youth (can I remember ?) we used to drink a bit and drive home it was part of the culture . It was nearly taken as a given that most people drank and drove and was almost acceptable. We had little or no laws and the drink drive limit was always ignored . Most of the country people would have a few pints and drive home . It was acceptable . The perception nowadays is that it is not acceptable and for that I am thankful. Now if my family are out it makes all the more sense not to drink as per Snowey it is a fear that something may happen that you might have to drive . Now I never drink and drive if I drink I don't drive . Even on night's out I am conscious of driving in the morning and drink accordingly. Now I require to drive for work it has changed my attitude . Most of the youth here now see drinking and driving as a no brainer . I am glad this attitude has changed .

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I agree with what Roy, Ray and Jim have said. I voted for the getting caught option but I don't drink and drive for both reasons.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts