Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had just seen some relevent information that could assist me in a problem I have had.
It could have been a great source of assistance to me.My super duper lawyer got know where.Thats a different story and if I can get a successful claim..Law society here I come.(RANKS CLOSED:rant:)

Some people took the hump with the righting of a wrong or vice versa for wahtever reason.

I thought that this was a forum of self help and assistance.....
how wrong I have been

Not looking for assistance now unless someone knows how to fill in the simple small claims form.....as that royal guy would say Simple my ***.

So........ before this is closed................. Does anyone know the easy way to ensure success.

Pomeo.....Still flipping ranting....so when youze need help...CLONED.err:eek:CLOSED

HELP ...the beatles.

R

·
0 Posts
I'd be happy to try to help you if only I could work out what you are asking for. :confused:

R

·
0 Posts
O.K., just to be clear:

You bought a car from a dealer, with a warranty. Cambelt snapped within the warranty period and the dealer wouldn't fix your engine? You had paid for the car using a Goldfish credit card? Goldfish won't reverse the charge for you. You have been advised by a creditable law firm and tried to sue, but was not successful?

How has the other thread being closed affected you? Still confused.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had just seen some relevent information that could assist me in a problem I have had.
It could have been a great source of assistance to me.My super duper lawyer got know where.Thats a different story and if I can get a successful claim..Law society here I come.(RANKS CLOSED:rant:)

Some people took the hump with the righting of a wrong or vice versa for wahtever reason.

I thought that this was a forum of self help and assistance.....
how wrong I have been

Not looking for assistance now unless someone knows how to fill in the simple small claims form.....as that royal guy would say Simple my ***.

So........ before this is closed................. Does anyone know the easy way to ensure success.

Pomeo.....Still flipping ranting....so when youze need help...CLONED.err:eek:CLOSED

HELP ...the beatles.
This post has completely lost me too. Goldfish are now part of Barclays so you might have more luck if you try again.
:cheese::cheese:

mr caine I never mentioned Goldfish here:lol::thumbs:

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O.K., just to be clear:

You bought a car from a dealer, with a warranty. Cambelt snapped within the warranty period and the dealer wouldn't fix your engine? You had paid for the car using a Goldfish credit card? Goldfish won't reverse the charge for you. You have been advised by a creditable law firm and tried to sue, but was not successful?

How has the other thread being closed affected you? Still confused.
very close.

The lawyer didn't try to sue...they tried to get the details of the warranty....they were baffled when they refused to accept their recorded delivery letter....so was I coz I faxed mine and backe dit up recorded delivery and they seemed to have accepted mine...2 months later my letter was returned via Royal Mail Belfast...

Now according to the Sale of goods act if an item goes faulty withing 6 months of purchase there is a reverse burden of proof.

I wanted them to do a small claim action on my behalf but I reckon it was too complex for them....seemed simple to me....unless I missed something.

so

they ,the lawyers never even attempted the credit card co..I did.....If the warranty was priced they would have repaid the sum of the warranty....but as it was all inclusive:)they couldn't.:rant:sec 75 cca states that they ,the cc co.,are equally liable to right the wrong..
Great in theory.:rant:

It is still my opinion that I have a valid small claim action and that it what I am now trying to do before I miss the boat.

Celta alfa's success let me see some light at the end of the tunnel............Now the tunnel has collapsed ie shut closed.

Pomeo sorry for confusion but i am still up on the roof in the rant room/:lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Sorry but I don't see why the other thread being closed (by me) has anything to do with your current rant.
Feel free to PM the contributors to that thread if you think they can help you.
I don't often do this but :confused:

:eek::eek: had to quote that :lol:

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry but I don't see why the other thread being closed (by me) has anything to do with your current rant.
Feel free to PM the contributors to that thread if you think they can help you.
I don't often do this but :confused:
:rant::rant::rant:

some said there is none so blind as those that cannot see:confused::confused::confused:

I did

see

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/rant-room/197081-autolusso-success.html#post3094747

twas a means of comunicatimg when pm full.

Nicky's was (IMHO) the most constructive post on the topic.

Someone stood up for his principles and the courts backed him...I know this is not always the case but I for one was pleased to see the outcome.It is all too easy just to throw in the towel when the going gets tough.

What about freedom of speech ...oh that's right it's censored.

So Ghosty if I am successful you will be the first to know.

Pomeo

R

·
0 Posts
Dont worry Pomeo, some of us saw what you were saying, some were too busy with their head up their **** :)

R

·
0 Posts
:rant::rant::rant:

some said there is none so blind as those that cannot see:confused::confused::confused:

I did

see

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/rant-room/197081-autolusso-success.html#post3094747

twas a means of comunicatimg when pm full.

Nicky's was (IMHO) the most constructive post on the topic.

Someone stood up for his principles and the courts backed him...I know this is not always the case but I for one was pleased to see the outcome.It is all too easy just to throw in the towel when the going gets tough.

What about freedom of speech ...oh that's right it's censored.

So Ghosty if I am successful you will be the first to know.

Pomeo
Help me out Pomeo because I'm not blessed with Ray's ability to read minds, although I am looking for an answer in my alimentary canal as we speak. Is this:

a) a general rant about locking threads?
b) a rant about locking a thread that could have helped you with your broken engine?
d) both
d) other (please explain)

If a), why bother with the bit about you car?
If b), why not just post asking for some specific advice? There was nothing in the Autolusso thread that could have helped you was there? You could even have posted asking Nicky to contact you directly, if all you are asking for was a way of communicating with him.

You have got to help yourself a bit here Pomeo. It is no good wrapping everything up in rambling, obscure, stream of consciousness style posts and then complaining about the forum when it does not provide you with what you are after. Just say what you mean. Give the mods a break as well - it is nearly Christmas!

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spent the day at trading standards again..if only you had contacted us sooner ..

.i did ...
no you didn't..
oh yes i did
oh no you didn't
i can assure i did past them dates and the name of the person who didnae help .oh yes you did i have found it now..........aaaaaargh

needed that wee rant...well it is the rant room ...or am i barred...john smith:cheese:

reday to throw the towel in once and for all and its no even panto season..oh yes it is awe naw it isnae..

so ewe its actually d..a wee bitty everything.....was thinking of joining others who have left as i read in a post the forum like the times are a changing.

thanks for all your help

please close or lock or whatever....you cannae beat the system.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd be happy to try to help you if only I could work out what you are asking for. :confused:
My apologies rewey...I should have been more specific.
having calmed down a wee bit I will try to explain.
I am trying to fill in ,what is described as a simplified procedure to resolve disputes,a Scottish small claims form.That is what I have been trying to do for almost 5 years.

BUT it is not simple..As I say prestigious Glasgow law firm didn't try.I think differences in English and Scots law never mind civil and criminal or to small fry for them..
So if you know how to do this or know someone who can.I am yer man.:thumbs:

You see I have been farting against thunder for all this time.Everyone I have consulted has put every obstruction in my way,giving numerous reasons why I shouldn't and not one as to why I should.

I am convinced I have a case if I could only get it presented before a sheriff.

Help me out Pomeo because I'm not blessed with Ray's ability to read minds, although I am looking for an answer in my alimentary canal as we speak. Is this:

a) a general rant about locking threads?
b) a rant about locking a thread that could have helped you with your broken engine?
d) both
d) other (please explain)

If a), why bother with the bit about you car?
If b), why not just post asking for some specific advice? There was nothing in the Autolusso thread that could have helped you was there? You could even have posted asking Nicky to contact you directly, if all you are asking for was a way of communicating with him.

You have got to help yourself a bit here Pomeo. It is no good wrapping everything up in rambling, obscure, stream of consciousness style posts and then complaining about the forum when it does not provide you with what you are after. Just say what you mean. Give the mods a break as well - it is nearly Christmas!
Just to clarify Ray IIRC is Scottish Perhaps thats the reason and the second sight that helps too:lol:
Celta alfa is Scottish.Not sure which Autolusso thread you are on a bout so I shall assume its celta alfa's latest.
now IIRC Autolusso are an english complany.

Similar scenario to myself.

NOW as to the warranty....All I have is a written receipt signed by me and the trader that there was a 6 months warranty.I never received,despite numerous requests for it ,got the details.It transpires that they decided what they would pay for despite at time of sal "Anything at all goes wrong it will be fixed at a vat reistered garage."So although they implied it was a warranty company ..there was no third party.

I ASSUMED celta alfa did a small claims action against Autolusso.
What I needed to know was how he did it as I felt I could follow suit.NB NOTAGAINST AUTOLUSSO.

Nicky was IMHO a voice of reason BUT nothing to do in helping me submit my case.So I saw no point in contacting him.But if you can assist Nicky I am all ears.:thumbs:

Had my phone battery not gone flat I could have spoken with Celta Alfa direct but hiondsight is 20/20 vision.

Sorry about my style of communication but english was my worst subject at school and has gotten wurse:Dsince I left.:lol:

As I say I have tried to do what celtaalfa has done for 5 years. Even although after banging my head against the wall I ,thro CA's post, am gonna give it one last shot and I hope to prove all the "experts" wrong .

Hope this clarifies it a wee bit and thanks for your interest.
As I have said I have gone around in circles for over 4 years and thanks to CA's thread I saw a finishing line.

As Nicky said so come have ago and disappear.CA came back for closure and to advise his outcame.

Pomeo

Merry Xmas and a prosperous New Year in 2010 to all the Mods who have a difficult job to do.:thumbs:

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
After buying one expensive after market warranty I wouldn't bother again. I did get work done, after alot of hassle and taking it to garages who really weren't interested, and having the usual argument that the car really did have a full service history all completed on time (and according to the waranty company requires more maintenance than manufacturers recommend just to catch you out), but the cost of the repairs ultimately was less than the cost of the warranty so I would have been better off without.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After buying one expensive after market warranty I wouldn't bother again. I did get work done, after alot of hassle and taking it to garages who really weren't interested, and having the usual argument that the car really did have a full service history all completed on time (and according to the waranty company requires more maintenance than manufacturers recommend just to catch you out), but the cost of the repairs ultimately was less than the cost of the warranty so I would have been better off without.
:lol:That's just my point MrCaine...If there was no warranty I wouldn't have a problem....I'd just get on with it.
It's the principle like the low life that rip off old ladies by saying that they've fixed their roof.

Pomeo

1 - 20 of 48 Posts