Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I start the car after yesterdays re-mapping, the small ASR-light in the instrument cluster comes on, with a corresponding ASR OFF - warning on the mid-dashboard screen. Then they both disappear.
The ASR works as advertised, but I can´t turn it off with the ASR button anymore....

Has anybody else had this problem, or any idea about what the fix could be? The guy doing the re-map said he turned off the ASR before the post-mapping test-drive, so it obviously worked then....:confused:

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Every time I start the car after yesterdays re-mapping, the small ASR-light in the instrument cluster comes on, with a corresponding ASR OFF - warning on the mid-dashboard screen. Then they both disappear.
The ASR works as advertised, but I can´t turn it off with the ASR button anymore....

Has anybody else had this problem, or any idea about what the fix could be? The guy doing the re-map said he turned off the ASR before the post-mapping test-drive, so it obviously worked then....:confused:
Is this a 156 or 147?

Are you saying it's defaults to off, then you can switch it back on, but it won't switch off again?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It´s a 156. It defaults to on, which is good, but I would like to have the option to turn it off, which doesn´t work right now....

·
Premium Member
7,750 Posts
It´s a 156. It defaults to on, which is good, but I would like to have the option to turn it off, which doesn´t work right now....
From your first post, i would read that it defaults to OFF when you start the car ? :confused:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the inaccurate wording, I can see how it could be confusing....

The ASR goes to OFF, w/ the appropriate warnings, for the first few seconds after start-up. It then re-sets itself to ON, and the warnings disappear. However, I can not turn it off manually afterwards - the button doesn´t have any function anymore. The light below the button comes on with only the ignition on, so there is power to it...

It seems like the self-check detects a slight problem when starting the car, and gives a warning, but it thereafter disappears. This has never happened before, so I assume something happened when the ECU was re-mapped...?

·
Premium Member
7,750 Posts

The ASR goes to OFF, w/ the appropriate warnings, for the first few seconds after start-up. It then re-sets itself to ON, and the warnings disappear. However, I can not turn it off manually afterwards - the button doesn´t have any function anymore. The light below the button comes on with only the ignition on, so there is power to it...

It seems like the self-check detects a slight problem when starting the car, and gives a warning, but it thereafter disappears. This has never happened before, so I assume something happened when the ECU was re-mapped...?
That's really strange, perhaps just a bad or loose connection to the ASR switch, or the switch itsself defective... If there was something wrong with the ASR functionality, i.e. the selfcheck detected an error, it would default to off, not on ....

·
Registered
7,551 Posts

Ah that's what I originally thought you meant. :)

I would check the switch - does the light come on the button when it's "checking"? Perhaps jwq's auto-switch can fix it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts