Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ASR light from the bord is on after a few meters of moving. Stays permanently !

Please help me with a solution. Where I have to start the search ?

Waiting advice

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Get your fault codes read, post the error code and someone will help you.

I'd suggest a wheel speed sensor might be at fault, but worth getting codes read before attempting to replace anything

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will come back after I will have the error code.
I have scanned ECU engine with Fiatecuscan and it tells me nothing about this error with an ELM327 cable.
Maybe I have to scan ABS / ASR system. I need a VAGCOM cable, I suppose.

A

·
0 Posts
These errors are usually totally false. The problem is down to a low battery output. Changing the battery often fixes it and is far cheaper than taking it in for an hour or even half hours labour!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the error till september when the weather was warm.
I know that when is icy the led is light and blinking when the stability is poor, but now the led is staying all the time on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have read the error for ASR with an advanced soft - autocom

Error codes: 0052 - control module, intermitent, internal fault
0032 - wheel LR sensor, mechanical error, present

Also I have read some electrical errors: DF122, DF031, DF001

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am back again.

Where are the sensors for ASR ? Are the same sensors as ABS ? Do you have a draw for these sensor ?

ABS is ok, no fault, no light. I have to mentioned that I have change the front ABS sensor from an older version of Alfa Romeo - made in 1997. Mine is from 2002. Could be an uncompatible ?

The battery has over 13V voltage, so it is not the battery. I don't know where to check for fix these electrical errors: DF122, DF031, DF001

waiting advice

L

·
0 Posts
ASR & ABS sesnors are one in the same. if the connections are the same type they are compatible

if the tracking is out, or the steering wheel is not at the 6 o'clock position when travelling in a stright line, then the ASR will be disabled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts