Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else spot the mistake in the last episode of ashes to ashes tonight?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Just watched it now, didn't really notice anything obvious, unless you are thinking about the " Brinks Matt " robbery, which I think happened a few Years later on than 1982 !!!!......:rolleyes:

Just a guess !!!!!.......:):)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just watched it now, didn't really notice anything obvious, unless you are thinking about the " Brinks Matt " robbery, which I think happened a few Years later on than 1982 !!!!......:rolleyes:

Just a guess !!!!!.......:):)
Nope :)

And to alfapud, i'd sooner watch a bit of original entertainment like ashes to ashes that the phone in talent show, or pick a next west end star show that will probably replace it... not to mention the drivel that is big brother we have yet again!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could it be the Rover 620, at least a 1995-6 I reckon
The very one! Blatantly obvious! They couldn't have even put a cover on it or parked an 80s lorry in front of it?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most Rovers looked 50 years old when first introduced so they probably figured nobody would notice. To be honest, it's full of minor inaccuracies on the date front anyway. There have been Capri Lasers, the mighty Quattro is a later model, the Granada 2.8 Injection (which was very tasty) was later than the V-plate it had on it. Spotting them is part of the fun.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
just watched it and saw that one.

That said, fan-effin-tastic epidode, best hour of TV all year IMO.

Will there be a next one though?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most Rovers looked 50 years old when first introduced so they probably figured nobody would notice. To be honest, it's full of minor inaccuracies on the date front anyway. There have been Capri Lasers, the mighty Quattro is a later model, the Granada 2.8 Injection (which was very tasty) was later than the V-plate it had on it. Spotting them is part of the fun.
Bit harsh on Rover. Though it didn't have the presence of the SD1, the 600 wasn't a bad Wooley design in the 90s, you can see the evolution from it to the 75.

And the Mk2 2.8i is a cracker! My da had one, the Ghia X, loved that big car :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I can't say I spotted the "new" Rover. The series got better and better as it progressed I think. The penultimate episode from last week (where one of the team is revealed to be corrupt - I won't say who in case someone has the series yet to watch) was one of the best hours of TV I've watched in ages.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
you could tell last night's episode was more serious, there was little 80s music in the background to distract from a more complex plot.

You did not want to miss a key piece of plot trying to remember who you were snogging when that record was on....:D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts