Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Was going in convoy with GTV_Dave till the weather stopped play. Maybe next month then!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Deffo, hopefully be dry, but I wouldn't put any money on it! 50's good considering the weather, bet it was light on bikes.

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,647 Posts
Guys, if you are planning on going to this regularly, have a word with bradders or lewi and get an event thread up!
Might be more from other regions interested in joining. :thumbs:

We did a couple of meets there last year and had a great time. ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surely you must be aware of the monthly classic car and bike meet on Tuesdays? It has been going for years.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Surely you must be aware of the monthly classic car and bike meet on Tuesdays? It has been going for years.
It may well have been going on for years, but I've heard nothing of it, having lived for many years in Mountsorrel (ten mins from Ashby Folville) and now in Melton Mowbray (five mins from Ashby Folville).

It musn't be advertised or anything, as in all my time living in both places I've never seen nor heard anything about it, lol.

I shall have to take a wander down at some point, though that raises the question... car or bike?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Classic Cars & Bikes | Ashby Folville

There is also a group on Facebook. It has caused a bit of interest in the wrong quarters last year with a few incidents (someone got knocked off his Harley and lots of people were doing wheelies and burn outs when leaving) but when the weather is fine there must be a few thousand people there!

See you there sometime!

Meant to say, it is the second Tuesday of summer months (until the clocks go back) and people start arriving at about 530.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Meet thread sounds good, I try to get along as often as possible. Also a good excuse to get a cracking fish & chips and a pint in Rothley.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Meet thread sounds good, I try to get along as often as possible. Also a good excuse to get a cracking fish & chips and a pint in Rothley.
The chips aint that good in Rothley anymore, bud :( Gone all dry.

Best around (I have on good authority) are from the place in Quorn, now. Been taken over by new people, so I hear.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Oh no, not been since last Ashby meet in October, used to be queuing down the road in Rothley :) I'm up for trying Quorn then.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Next Ashby meet is Tuesday 11th June; who's up for a good Alfa Display?

·
Registered
400 Posts
ashby folville is a victim of its own success, too big and too hectic

far better to stop at the pub half a mile down the road, enjoy a decent pint and watch all the eye candy trundle past

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Next Ashby meet is Tuesday 11th June; who's up for a good Alfa Display?
No promises, but might be up for it. Wouldn't be able to get there till 7ish though.

·
Registered
919 Posts
No promises, but might be up for it. Wouldn't be able to get there till 7ish though.
Hopefully traffic will be kind I should get there by 5ish. Will be mooching around checking out the competition lol

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm still going too, about the same time.

Weather is not looking good again though :cry:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts