Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the construction industry .....

We recently received an email from the company too which we pay our software license money informing us that the their company had recently been bought out.

The company doing the buying recently bought out our main competitor in the production of steelwork fabrication data etc.

The email also stated the guarante of a further twelve months of development and support of the software..... but then what :confused:

Our worry is that of the two systems the one we use is the lesser and it will be phased out.

With no direct competion, what do you think will happen to the cost of buying new licenses and support each year:confused: :cry: :mad:

Anyone got the number for the Competition Commisioners office :eek:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bradders

Pm me re your software .... Let me know the name and publisher of the software and the company who bought them out

Might be able to offer you some help

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bradders

Pm me re your software .... Let me know the name and publisher of the software and the company who bought them out

Might be able to offer you some help
PM sent

I think the expression you're looking for is 'bend over and think of England' :lol:
I kinda get that feeling :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :mad:

:lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
The way the industry is going you may not need it much longer anyway :(

E

·
0 Posts
That happened to us in the past with a VOD encoding system. The company was bought out at the point we were upgrading too, at which point it was stopped. We tested the other system but it just wouldn't work, owing to the fact our setup was done on the cheap and no one wanted to stump up costs for development. That was about 4 years ago and we are still stuck with it.

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That happened to us in the past with a VOD encoding system. The company was bought out at the point we were upgrading too, at which point it was stopped. We tested the other system but it just wouldn't work, owing to the fact our setup was done on the cheap and no one wanted to stump up costs for development. That was about 4 years ago and we are still stuck with it.
Hmmm ... I can't say 'the other' system is so much worse than the one we currently use.... there are good and not so about each system.... but the fact there will be no alternative leaves the door wide open to their charges :(

E

·
0 Posts
Hmmm ... I can't say 'the other' system is so much worse than the one we currently use.... there are good and not so about each system.... but the fact there will be no alternative leaves the door wide open to their charges :(
Or running a completely unsupported system as we are. I got stuck looking after it and every time something happens bring up the fact that if something was to physically fail that would be it, but still no one wants to change it. I have virtualized much of the peripheral systems involved, but even that had to be done on the cheap on an old server.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I'm looking for a labourer, Bradders :thumbs:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Well, get on it then, Buddy ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts