Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK only a little rant in the grand scheme of things, BUT...
A couple of days back I got a little card through the door from the postman: a packetwas waiting for me at the sorting office, it had £1.87 to pay, 'cos the sender hadn't paid the postage. I duly fired up the GT and wandered along, parked on the yellow line outside ("Only popping in for a minute, guv"... why the hell do they put yellows outside a PO sorting office where people have to park up every day? - but that is another rant!).

What do I find, Not the old Genesis CDs I was expecting, instead a shiny brochure from ARUK extolling the virtues of their latest marketing scheme. The postie says "It's only Alfa Romeo... it is £1.87 to pay, but you can refuse it if you like.".

I refused it and wandered out more than a little pissed off about the wasted time, fuel etc.

What pillock sends off a marketing campaign and forgets to press the button on the franking machine to put the postage on it? What pillock in ARUK contracts out the work to such a company?

... and breathe....

Chris :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i got a royal mail card through the door a while back, saying they'd tried to deliver a package that was too big for the letterbox. so i went to the sorting office the next day and they said 'oh sorry, it's not come back in yet'. so i went again the day after and got soaked in the rain, only to be told it still wasn't back. so i went back for a THIRD day, and picked up this package - it was a bloody junkmail nonsense marketing pack from VW about the passat coupe :mad: i felt like crimping one off in the box and sending it back to them with no postage :rant:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
It won't be ARUK - there aren't many left now . :rolleyes:

It'll be a fulfillment house, subcontracted to do the work on their behalf :tut:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts