Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well, I didn't expect my second post to be on this topic.

I've only had the car for barely three weeks and some nutjob has keyed it already. It was my other-half who spotted it this afternoon as it's all along the passenger side. Also, she thought she heard a disturbance outside the house at 4 a.m. this morning, we often have this at the weekends as our road is a drunk's cut-through most weekends.

Anybody know which of the scratch repair companies are the best in Hertfordshire? Car is metallic Grigio.

In the words of Lance in Pulp Fiction, I'd like to execute the the person's responsible.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it off my chest.

Cheers, dfv8

G

·
Sorry to hear about this:eek:

I was considering for a while taking the GTA away from the chores of being a daily driver, and it was when she got keyed that I made my decision.

I hope it's an easy repair with a good paint match:)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Where in Herts are you mate?

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's my worry when parking at my birds house in Chelmsley Wood :-( hopefully not touch wood........

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hello all,

Well, I didn't expect my second post to be on this topic.

I've only had the car for barely three weeks and some nutjob has keyed it already. It was my other-half who spotted it this afternoon as it's all along the passenger side. Also, she thought she heard a disturbance outside the house at 4 a.m. this morning, we often have this at the weekends as our road is a drunk's cut-through most weekends.

Anybody know which of the scratch repair companies are the best in Hertfordshire? Car is metallic Grigio.

In the words of Lance in Pulp Fiction, I'd like to execute the the person's responsible.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it off my chest.

Cheers, dfv8
How deep is it ? You can normally polish scrtaches out i have a friend with a gunmetal grey fiesta that someone decided to scratch a question mark into on both sides of the back pillars. They also keyed the car all the way down both sides but i managed to get all of the marks out with my dual orbitor polisher! If you get up close to the panel and i mean close in the sunlight you can just make out the question mark scratch but its barely visible!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hate this sort of thing. The worst i've had is somebody sticking some playdough-like substance all over the badging on mine.
It's just jealousy at the end of the day :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your responses - it's appreciated.

It turns out that mine wasn't the only car to get done, a few others were as well. So at least the Mito wasn't 'targeted'. Still leaves a bitter taste though but I suppose I'm lucky they didn't try to smash the door mirror off as well.

A contributory factor seems to be that there's been a big increase in this sort of thing since the local council decided to turn off all, (and I mean all) the street-lights between the hours of 11pm and 6am.

Perhaps I should send them the £400 respray bill, and request for a Council-Tax rebate; some hope.

Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
573 Posts
bad luck dfv8

had a similar experience 2 months back - so know how frustrating it is.

i think i'd rather they smashed my window to try and steal something - at least that would have a point

hope it gets sorted soon

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I've had two quotes so far.

£700 plus VAT :wow:

It would seem likely to need a full nearside respray in order to get the shade of grigio to blend correctly.,as the scratch starts from the rear wheel-arch, along the door to the front wing.

I think it's going to have to wait as I've got to renew my insurance in the next fortnight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
People really annoy me when they do this. What is the point? I haven't had mine keyed but other drivers seem to use it as a target in car parks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An update.

I've had another quotation since my last post and it comes in at £350 plus the dreaded VAT. It's also an approved Alfa bodyshop as well so there shouldn't be any problem regarding what remains of the warranty.

All happening at the wrong time though as I have a 42k service coming up, plus the insurance renewal.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Owch... Still, £350 isn't too horrific.

Some ****** has touched the nose - can't decide if it's worth fixing. It's microscopic, but I know it's there. Still, I suppose it's nothing by comparison.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts