Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, you booked your 18K service three weeks ago... for today.

Saturday two letters arrive from the dealer:

1) Your service is coming up according to our records please book one.
2) when your car is in the workshop on monday perhaps you'd like to talk about servicing or trading it in for a new car...

Oh and to go with this on friday I get a letter asking me to trade in my GTA that I havent owned for 2 years now....

Drop car off - nice 159 2.2 JTS courtesy car... 33 to the gallon in 200 miles.

phonecall this afternoon - we cannot finish the service - we don't have any oil seals in stock and you need a new one - yes oil & filter change = new oil seal .. three weeks notice - no stock.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I suppose at least they are not just putting the old one back on and not letting on...;) ;)

As for the glue holding the rear curtain airbag cover :rant: :rant: that melted in the one sunny day we've had since it's been in last... :rant: :rant: to have the boot cover mountings fixed...

drivers door card - nope - not a sign six months of waiting... what are they doing breeding the cows especially...

Again I think why do i put myself through this...

Simes.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO but I'm seriously begining to think there is no hope..... all alfa owners are doomed..

Only upside is I've been to Bracknell and back today in the 159 and it's been brilliant - it's totally solid - drives well, accelerates in all gears comfortable and rides significantly better than the brera and I've not missed the Q4 really but then not been in the position to warrant it yet.

Oh and dare I mention it 450miles on a tank and the light's just come on - and I only put 62 litres in from as empty as you'd dare to.. trip computer reports 32.9mpg...

The 2.2 feels a lot better than the 2.2 spider I drove the other week - maybe it's the 8K miles on this one versus the 800 on the spider..

I've seriously been thinking about other cars - but really don't fancy much out there .. Monaro mebbe or an import JDM Civic Type_R from litchfield imports...? Nah.. or just give up and buy a focus for the weekly grind.

SImes.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Sorry to hear about your woes Simes.

I absolutely love the way my Brera drives :inlove: I would never give up the Q4 now. And its true, as its done a little over 8k it has loosened up significantly; drives totally differently than it did at 800m! Maybe the only thing I would like to have seen improved are the brakes; they work fine but feel spongy in comparsin to my previous Alfas (156 & 155), which were pin sharp (although some complained they were too sharp!).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts