Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello East Anglia!

Is anyone else attending this on Sunday? I note the entries list is a little sparse at the moment, just me and one other. Is anyone else considering it? A bit of good natured competition!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Can't make the Woodbridge venue but hope to make it to Blyton in May :thumbs:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a series of timed runs (minimum of 8 I believe) Woodbridge is an airfield track so the layout chenges but it will probably be similar to the one on Javelins website (have a look at the 'Club Events' section). Alfarian - hope to see you at Blyton, I am going to try to do the whole season if I can, money and tolerant family allowing! :D

·
Registered
946 Posts
ecnarfi, I went to Blyton to spectate last year and had a god day :thumbs: I think it was £5 for the entry fee, You have to register with javeline to pay, I don't think I got a ticket, just got put on a list :) here is the link Javelin Trackdays
I am not an AROC member either ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

It was a great day, although only me and Vaughn with his GTV turned up in Alfas we share the day with the Toyota Sprint series so at least there were a lot of other people there to run against.

The weather held out most of the day although there was a very little rain around lunchtime that made things interesting. After the penultimate run the rain came down with a bit more conviction and that's when I called it a day as I know I couldn't have gone any quicker. I was pretty happy that the car held out but Woodbridge is hard on the tyres so I reckon they have one more session in them ;) (I have gearbox trouble - too much power + sticky tyres = broken gearbox , we had debated slicks but as the kindly gentlemen who fixed my gearbox last time said "if you take slicks take a spare gearbox"!)

It would be great to see some more Alfas at the next one so there is some more 'marque' competition but I reckon we more than held our own amongst the TSS boys and girls. Especially when you consider that most of those are caged out race cars, including a lot of GT4's with launch control etc.

The next one is Blyton on the 13th May, bit of a trek from North Essex but I am hoping to convince the 'team' that it's a good idea.

There should be some pics up on the TSS website on Wednesday night which I am reliably informed will include our cars. I also have some which I will post later this week when I get them off the camera.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Round 2 at Blyton on Sunday. Looking forward to trying out a new circuit as I haven't been there before.

If anyone fancies it you can pay on the day (Alfarian, will you be making it this year?)

Looks like me and a Bertone attending at the moment, with about 35 Toyota's I should imagine!

I think a couple of other people have shown an interest and so maybe a few could be tempted?!

All details on the Javelin website, location etc

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hi Simon, I may pop over for a nosy :) I was going to have a bash in a gtv I have been cobbling together, but unfortunately not ready yet :( I think most people will be at Cars in the Park this Sunday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't realise that was on this weekend.

Maybe you'll have the GTV ready for Croft later in the year :) look forward to seeing you if you make it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts