Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the AO events lounge, but realised that some don't venture into those parts :p

I had a letter through today from AROC, asking if I was interested in going to an inaugural meeting to try and reform the Lancashire section. Its at the Whalley Arms Public House in the centre of Whalley just off the A59 near Clitheroe, at 8pm on Wednesday 11th August.

You don't need to be a member of AROC to go (in the hope that you will join I think), just have an interst in Alfas.

So who is going to go then? I fancy getting involved a bit more, and it would probably mean a more regular meeting for us northerners.

I'm not going if no-one else is !

N

·
0 Posts
Stu

I'll be there - are you taking the GT or the 155 ?

If anyone is going and needs directions just send me a PM.

Nik

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think it will be the 155. Need to let it out as its getting jealous :)

N

·
0 Posts
I'm going to drive down and check this weekend but I think the Whalley Arms is the only pub in Whalley without a car park :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
If anyone is going to Whalley, the A671 through Simonstone and Read is closed while they re-route a bend (Devils Elbow) between Read and Portfield Bar. I have (hopefully) attached a map with a magenta coloured splodge that shows where it is.

Sorry, have not had chance to drive over to Whalley but am still pretty sure there is nowhere to park.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Hey Guys - what's with the negative waves?

As one of the organisers of the revived (hopefully) Lancashire section, I can assure you that the Whalley Arms is the ONLY pub in Whalley to have its own car park - and although its technically a Pay and Display car park, we've ensured that this will NOT apply to Alfas. The Landlady's husband has a 147 -so its sorted! Any queries - call me on 07976 3849890 - don't spread dis-information :)

Richard Murtha

N

·
0 Posts
Richard

Not looking to spread mis-information - it was just an observation that the pub review I saw on-line said it didn't have a car park :rolleyes: .

Was hoping to have driven down to check it out but haven't had the opportunity, anyway I stand corrected and suitably admonished :rolleyes:

Where is the P&D ? Is it near the pub ?

Nik

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
The car park is adjacent to the pub :) - which itself is right by the roundabout in the centre of Whalley .......

Any navigational issues - feel free to call my mobile and I'll talk you in ;)

Cheers

Richard

N

·
0 Posts
dibbley said:
Think I'll have a wander over the border into Lancashire.. Arrrggghhh!!!!
Some very nice roads (M62 the exception) that span our two shires. Hebden Bridge to Cliviger is terrific with some fast bends around the wind farm.

Hope to see you

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right see you there tomorrow night then :)

N

·
0 Posts
Will try and remember to bring my camera, have gone for months without seeing another 155 :D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Have fun ........................Ican`t make it got a few probs to sort but should be ok for the next meet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Thanks to those who attended - a good selection of Alfas - including 2(!) SZs - and hopefully we'll be doing it again on a regular basis - so any thoughts / comments feel free to let me know what we can organise to make it worth visiting!! ;)

Cheers

Richard M

N

·
0 Posts
Richard

Many thanks for organising last night and am looking forward to the next meet.

Nick

1 - 20 of 47 Posts