Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

You are cordially invited the 2nd Suffolk drive to Dunwich for Fish and Chips. The event is starting at "The ****" at Lavenham, where we are booked in for coffee and biscuits from 10:00AM looking to start driving about 11:00 AM. Lunch will be provided at a location (almost organised) and looking to finish up at Dunwich for 15:30 for fish and chips followed by a fun concours. All are welcome. Last year we had 17 Alfa's and 33 people, It would be great to break that record.

Clare

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
It's a possibility. It is also a possibility that we will be in the Audi as the Alfa is off the road - so if we do come it'll be for the meet and greet aspect. :thumbs:

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
It's a possibility. It is also a possibility that we will be in the Audi as the Alfa is off the road - so if we do come it'll be for the meet and greet aspect. :thumbs:
Just turn up mate - we will accept an Audi - it begins with an "A" after all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is all coming together now and lunch is organised. Just to let you know the pub in Lavenham is the **** (stupid swear filter), shortened version of Cockeral!!.

We also have half the route sorted just need to work the rest out!!

Clare

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can now announce that luch is being provided by Avanti Auto's in Ipswich, and the first half of the route is organised. Fish and Chips will cost £8.50 and include cod, hake or plaice and chips, or cheese, ham or scampi salda, bread and butter, all the tea and coffee you can drink and a dessert........a bargain. Coffee and biscuits at the pub will also be subsidised. So sign up and come and have a good day.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SATURDAY 5th SEPTEMBER: If you would like to come on this next Saturday, please can you update the RSVP at the top of the page by Thursday 3nd September.
The route is now fully in place with a more technical run up to Avanti and a more flowing run from Avanti to Dunwich.
We are meeting at the **** in Lavenham at 10:00 for coffee. AROC EA will provide tea and coffee and if you like a toasted tea cake with your tea it will cost £1.
Lunch is provided by Avanti (arrival about 12:15) and parking will be in the public car park behind the shop. This will cost you 90p for 1 hour or £1.60 for 2 hours.
Parking at Dunwich is free but they do ask for a donation and then fish and chips will cost £8.50. So really a bargain day out.
The concours trophies have been collected and we will be raffling an Alfa Romeo Bottle of Wine and a special prize very kindly donated by Desira Norwich (A Big Thankyou to Craig and David)
So please do contact me to come along, It promises to be a great day out.

Clare

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Clare - I'll start from Avanti (already mentioned it to Mario) so will see you there. A lot of food is involved by the sound of it - great - the fish and chips at Dunwich are amongst the best.

Thank you btw - AROC and AO in East Anglia get on well with each other.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have 18 cars booked in for coffee at Lavenham so Wibble and Andy900, why not make it a round 20. The weather looks good....so why not come along......or anyone else for that matter!!!

Clare

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Thanks Clare - that was a good'un. I only managed to make the meet up at Avanti but that, in itself, was a treat. Thanks to Mario and Paul for the lunch provided and to Ash and Jay for the waiter service.

It was worth it just to see and hear that Lamborghini Countach - 25 year anniversary model no less - fire up (straight through exhaust) and rev (think afterburner on a Tornado aircraft). The word "awesome" is often misused - in this case it defined it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Really Really good day out!

Weather was perfect, company was excelent as always, great to meet up with everybody again (Sorry Paul, I kept meaning to come over and have a chat, but kept getting waylayed, then it all got a bit loud..)

Lambo trully was awesome! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have pics and will upload them once I have downloaded them from the camera and worked out how to upload them to the website.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts