Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Just incase you thought one Cambridgeshire drive was not enough:
You are all invited to join us on the inaugural AROC EA Cambridgeshire drive on Sunday 22nd March from 11:00 (plan to start out 12:00).

We will be starting from the Royal Oak in Barrington (http://www.royaloak.uk.net) driving over the Eight Bells at Abbotsley before driving over to Grafton Water for a fun concours and raffle.

Driving time is estimated to be 90 mins with lunch in the middle.

I have booked the Eight Bells for 20 people so if you would like to come and join us please can you contact me. The pub does have room to feed another 16-18 people. (Wouldn’t it be great to fill the whole pub!!)

If you would like to book food please can you contact me and I will send you a menu.

Please can you e-mail me with your lunch choices by Sunday 15th March.

Clare
:cool:

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Going to be at my nans for mothers day that day.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it is a bad day but we organised this back in October 2008 and didn't know it was mothering sunday, Oh well, we still have plenty coming.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I second Julians comments well done Clare and Adrian and to all concerned, and not just because we won 'Most coverted Car' and a raffle prize! Good route Grahame, though found the ultra narrow bit through the mill a little scary in a car ive hardly driven! Nice to strech her legs on some good sweeping roads. Not that I broke any speed limits of course! Hope to see you at the Bull in April. Graham and Juliette

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all, we had a really good day. Grahame and Patsy did us proud on the route although GTA was really bottoming out on the Woolley road - he's going to check what is left of his undertray!

·
Registered
234 Posts
....although GTA was really bottoming out on the Woolley road - he's going to check what is left of his undertray!
Funny you should say that. I said to Michele near the end of the route that if we did the trip in our former GTV we would have lost the undertray for sure!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are glad you all enjoyed the route we chose - even if some sections were a test of each car's ground clearance! Barney also enjoyed his day out - he loves being in the back of the 147. No one got lost so well done to my wife Patsy for writing down the directions on our two test drives:thumbs:

Got the new alternator drive belt for the Montreal yesterday so should be mobile soon:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haven't tried yet...however I did fit some leather luggage straps to the back seats yesterday...! :lol:

Alternator belt also fitted, so I'm back on the road:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Grahame,

Hope to see you all at Snetterton on 3rd May, well except for Barney, no dogs allowed!

Simp (the other Graham!)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Grahams, most of us will proabaly be at Spring Alfa Day on the 3rd May as it is a flying day at the Shuttleworth collection. Although I know some people will be at Snetterton - Alfa parking will be provided for those that are going.

Clare

·
Registered
45 Posts
Shuttleworth, Does it still have a farm track half way down the runway?, I used to fly into there when my dad still had his pilots licence. I was there the day the Bleriot replica crashed and the plane taking off before us ripped his rear undercarriage off on said track! Good for the nerves! Think ill stick to Snetterton thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts