Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow 145 maniacs,

I’ve just taken over the administration of the AROC 145/146 Register.

It is unclear what quality of existing information I’ll be provided by AROC but what there is could probably do with updating and of course it would be great to get new cars added.

As we all know running examples are becoming very rare. I’m hoping that my time as Registrar will see the hardening of values from what must be the absolute baseline and the transition into a sufficiently desirable modern classic that it will be economically viable for people to do the work necessary to keep them in well fettled action.

Whether a well maintained register will help in any way to achieve this is open to debate, but I don’t think that it can do any harm.

This year is of course the model’s 20th anniversary, so what better time to have a real push to get this quirky sub-species well photographed and documented.

If you’re willing to help then please get in touch at [email protected]

Regards,

Chris Buckden

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Good lad. '45 has been missing from the AROC magazine for blinkin' ages.. :D

I've got one. :thumbs:

Ralf S.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,640 Posts
I have one as well, happy for it to go on a register :)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Hi Chris I've sent an email, a cloverleaf I used to have is P819NLL, Some pikeys stole her propably for scrap , but if it shows up I would be interested to hear.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for offering yourselves up as it were guys.

I've got a form together for people to fill out - please email me at the register email address so that I can email it to you. If you have time please complete as much of it as you can and email it back to me.

Please also email me any pictures of your car that you are willing to share.

If you don't have Excel let me know and I'll post the form to you with a stamped return envelope.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone who is keen for a 145/6 meetup at AutoItalia at Brooklands in May - I'm working with the organiser on building 145/6s into the proceedings on account of the model anniversary. It sounds like we can definately get runs up the test hill and potentially a parade lap of the circuit.

Please get it in your diaries.

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Alfamadboy..long time no see....those bits myself and others ordered off you...can we expect delivery anytime soon?...only it's been nearly 2 years now!

·
Registered
43 Posts
We used to have a black 145 Cloverleaf, T131 LRJ. Best car we ever had. Truly quick away from the lights. My wife embarrassed many a boy racer. My mechanic said " I'll get it through the MOT this time but next year the corrosion issues will cause it fail ". A real shame. So we part exed it for a slower147 2.0 ltr Lusso.

Another thing - It didn't drink oil like the 147 does.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a red facelift QV with LHD (the new interior) but it needs a refresh on the inside like new steering wheel and gear knob and a new boot bottom (someone and I know exactly who he is spilled oil in the boot.....) If you know someone selling facelift saloon with steering wheel (perforated leather and red stitches) and gear knob will be much appreciated

That said the car won't be in the UK before end of June so no Brooklands for her (will have to use the 166 again).

As for the corrosion - this can be fixed. My 145 is getting a bit rusty underneath, but I'm planning on getting her bottom sanded and isolation re-applied, given it is still in the condition I remember ( 3 years ago... )

1 - 20 of 23 Posts