Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for those who dont know yet, i have bought a Fiat Grande Punto T-Jet in June from Arnold Chatz, excellent car i love it insanely much, i use it for my business and it does EVERYTHING, once the seats are down its like a fully blown panelvan, i can fit 4 toolboxes, 2 ford ranger seats and one ford ranger dashboard in the back there and then theres still space left (makes me wonder why people in SA are so Bakkie crazy)

Anyways, on to the point, so i put on about 20 000Km since i got it and figure its time for a service, i opt to do it myself because anybody that knows me well, knows i have serious dealer trust issues, and low and behold my trust issues were justified, this Fiat of mine has a full service history at them and Takes Laser Iridium Sparkplugs, a very expensive sparkplug but necessary for the T-jet. So guess what i Discover upon taking out the old plugs.....

Thats right, normal plain jane NGK Plugs for the normal 1.4 engine :tut: they must have been TIRED because if the laser iridium plugs can only stand up for 30k to boost then by that logic the plug must have exceeded optimum performance life long ago.

Now i dont know if its the fresh oil change or the plugs or new filter or all of the above but the punto now idles much smoother, revs much smoother and has way less engine cabin noise when cruising on the highway and much lighter on juice also, so i WIN! :D

But this is just a warning to the guys getting their tjets serviced by chatz, check your sparkplugs...

For reference

Incorrect plug used by chatz on my cabbie: NGK ZKR7A-10

Correct Laser Iridium Plug used by me: NGK IKR9F-8

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
hhhmmmm. Ja hey. I'm sure the owner of Arnold Chatz will be as surprised about this as you(we) are. People working at businesses just don't care about the business.

I bet th conversation went like this:

"Crap, we don't have the correct spec spark plugs...it will take 2 days to get it...lets just see which plugs fit then"

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
ZKR7A-10
These plugs fit the following vehicles:
Fiat
500 - 1.2 - (01/08 - On)
Doblo - 1.4 - (12/05 - On)
Idea - 1.4 - (02/06 - On)
Panda - 1.2 - (02/06 - On)
Grande Punto - 1.2 - (01/06 - On)
Grande Punto - 1.4 - (01/06 - On)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Thats just messed up. i always wonder aswel, when i send the car in for service, does my stuff really get changed.
No1 really goes and check this....gna keep me on the alert now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A good friend of mine bought a 2010 Corsa OPC from GM in March

She put it on the dyno and it only made 96kw (something was definitely wrong) so they took out the plugs and they were completely the wrong plugs for the car :mad:

Put in the correct plug and the OPC made 120kw :D

Seems incompetence is rampant through out the different brands :rant:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Geeez! Yeah i noticed corsa opc's of late has lower performance than they should have

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Thats just messed up. i always wonder aswel, when i send the car in for service, does my stuff really get changed.
No1 really goes and check this....gna keep me on the alert now.
Mark the old stuff (oil,air filter, plugs) with a permanent marker. Then ask them to put all the old stuff in a pick n pay bag in the boot. Then you can see if the old stuff has been replaced. It is a bit of a shlep but piece of mind.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
marking the old plugs on a busso would be a serious schlep!

but i almost always write the date and mileage on oil filters when they get installed.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Please people stay away from Chatz, and if u buy a car get a extra warranty, i just saved my Alfa from a broken cam belt after Chatz looked after it for 6 years
VERY LITTLE DONE AND WHAT THEY DID FIXED WAS A MESS

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, i feel i need to give this thread some closure..

Arnold Chatz have contacted me actually to apologize about the sparkplug situation and we came to an agreement that it must have been a mix up of some sort that those plugs ended up in my car as they confirmed with me that they dont belong in the T-Jet, so at the end of the day atleast this proves that they do listen and do care about their clients.

So in short.

Arnold Chatz came to the party atleast and for that i am greatful :)

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh and if any of the admin mods are watching can you maybe change the thread title to Arnold Chatz problem: RESOLVED

I feel like a bit of a chop with the current slanderous title, was just upset at that moment..

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
A few forum members had a hand in having his issues raised with Chatz ;)

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
hehehe dont look at me this time.. they actually asked me if i knew about it before i read about it. me thinks that they are on here. if so, good for them. That way they can see the good and the bad and fix the issues and build their business.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts