Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, get this, today I bought a £250 Samsung home cinema theatre system jobby from Argos, got it home, unwrapped it happily getting ready to install my new kit when suddenly, as I open up the box, I realize there's a TV in the box instead...

Yes, an old Goodmans Plasma TV. A little one, but a TV non the less. No wires, no manuals, just some packaging and this crappy old TV.

Oh dear. This isn't my home cinema theatre system at all. Not to worry, I thought, pop to Argos and replace it with another as there must have been a mix up, :thumbs:

I get to Argos and explain the situation to the customer service girl, who then gets the manager, and explains to me that he will need to investigate the situation before he can let me swap it over with another system or give me a refund... Huh???

So, he now has my £250, a busted TV, the box, and I have nothing, apart from a £250 loss whilst he 'sorts it out for me'...

Um, is it just me, or is this not THEIR problem and not mine??? :rant:

I want my home theatre system NOW! :mad:

He says he will 'try' and 'maybe' sort it all out tomorrow, and when asked if I'd be getting a refund or replacement though, he couldn't confirm anything. So, as far as I can tell, he think's I've nicked it, and then returned an old busted up TV?! :mad:

He better sort it all our for me tomorrow or I'm gonna go loco down in Acapulco on they' asses!!! :mad:

Has anyone had ANYTHING like this before??? It's mental, I just want my 850 watt sound system thingy, :(

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
unlucky daz

ive never had anything like this before, hope they sort you out though :)

did the box look like it had been opened and retaped up before you got it home ???
if it did maybe they could use the store cctv to see the state of the box when you left with it originally, cant think of another way to prove you haven't done it

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah the box looked and felt absolutely fine, but when I got it home I was less than impressed, but ASSUMED they'd realize I'm not a thief, :rant: Sadly not though the bazzers!!! :mad:

Oh well, I suppose it is a little funny, :cry:

:lol:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Tricky situation, it DOES go on so you can see their point of view I guess. But they will have to sort it unless they can prove otherwise, which obviously they can't because you didn't get the goods you paid for.

I fared rather better recently - I bought a 4gb Sony mp3 player on half price offer at £30 and they gave me the wrong one - the one I got was an 8gb model with bluetooth and a cordless bluetooth stereo headset. This lot was priced at £80, itself already reduced to half price from £160 so would have been a bargain at that - the headset alone was worth £30. :cool:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well bully for you, that doesn't get me my damned home theatre system does it, :rant:

Good scamming though man! :thumbs:

To be honest, I might go out and buy the same one from Tesco tomorrow and tell Argos they can shove it up their backside and that I just want my money back, :mad:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well bully for you, that doesn't get me my damned home theatre system does it, :rant:

Good scamming though man! :thumbs:

To be honest, I might go out and buy the same one from Tesco tomorrow and tell Argos they can shove it up their backside and that I just want my money back, :mad:
Can't complain, they're always screwing up. I buy stuff they have on clearance for resale so make money out of them anyway, have lost count how many times they have given me the wrong item. :lol:

I definately wouldn't stand for it though, did you pay by credit card?

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you'd tried to pull a fast one by taking the home cinema system out and returning the tv with a knackered TV why would you go to the service desk and tell/show them there is a TV in there?!?!

What idiots. the previous buyer has had it and returned the resealed box with the TV in there for weight. Obviously Argos has accepted the returned item previously returned item to the shelf without inspecting it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats awful mate and I hope they sort it out :)

Could not help but laugh when I read it though :lol:

·
Registered
726 Posts
If you'd tried to pull a fast one by taking the home cinema system out and returning the tv with a knackered TV why would you go to the service desk and tell/show them there is a TV in there?!?!
To get 2 systems for the price of one, presumably...:)

Argos are indeed always screwing up and sending the wrong thing. They usually get there in the end though.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
id be fuming, usualy if i want something i buy it and want to use it there and then.
A while ago a mate brought a Ps2 and got a rather big box, he took it home and it was 3 Ps2s, he sold them for £100 each, good old Argos hey.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
When I was at uni, I was a warehouse monkey in a Currys store and we used to get all sorts of people trying it on with returns. :rolleyes:
Usually, they'd break the seal on the BOTTOM of the box and leave the top pristine, fll the box with something of a similar weight and then carefully reseal the bottom. Nobody ever looked at the bottom of boxes when items were being returned.
That's clearly what has happened here - unless Darren had an old TV he wanted to get rid of, of course... ;)

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I knew someone who's GF worked in Argos, when he dropped his camera he got her to open a new one in the warehouse and swap it with the knackered one which was a completely different model.

I feel for the person who recieved that camera :rolleyes:

This must happen loads!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Its not just argos. I bought a electric guitar for my daughter for xmas. I always open and check things and when I opened it all the leads and spare strings were missing.

I had to wait for a manager to decide if I could have it replaced. I pointed out it was a 27 mile round trip for me that I had now made twice and I could of bought what they were accusing me of having nicked for less than the petrol. My point was I didnt want something that had been previously returned.

They tried to tell me that this doesn't happen, I told them I was going to ring trading standards and suddenly they swapped it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I've just called Head Office and they're going to contact the store to try and chase this up for me, :rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right, well they've called and said I can come and collect a replacement tomorrow, :thumbs:

But what do I need two home theater systems for??? :rolleyes:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At least it's being sorted and quite painlessly as well Darren :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's the main thing PG, :thumbs:

ALTHOUGH little Miss! I'm not very happy with you, closing down my thread and giving me warnings, :rant:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts